Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2010 --Pa, what's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrr......The meat should stand on it's own.
    Doug,

I wouldn't argue with you...actually, the best ribs I have ever eaten, were dry-rub only. The pitmaster felt his 'Q was ready to eat as served to his customers. If you wanted sauce on it, you had to do it yourself with their sauce which was provided at the tables. I never had eaten a dry rib before & it changed my complete outlook on how BBQ should be served.

Maybe it's like putting A1 sauce on a beef tenderloin? I think we all have come to expect BBQ with sauce, so it will be an opportunity to try out some different stuff from around the south.

Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 08-09-2010 at 13:40.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Default BBQ sauce

Adam,
    I'm not looking for intestinal reversal. I like sweet sauces, I've also had some really good mustard sauces. Man now you made me want ribs and its only 7am.

Displaser,
    I've had some really good dry rub BBQ too and I'm always torn as to what to do. Sauce or no sauce? I usually do half and half then.

Mophead,
    I can't wait to try your sweet & tangy sauce. The wife thinks I'm nuts, I will get a box of Ritz crackers and a bowl of sweet sauce and just dip while watching TV. I put BBQ sauce on everything. I love horseradish sauce too. Mix them sometimes.

Chris

Default LASER SHOWS-FRIENDS- GOOD FOOD AND DRINK--whats not to like??

QUOTE=Displaser;158376]Doug, Len,

Why not post the "items needed list" as part of the 1st message, as Adam did for the sign-up thread? I'd like to see what y'all have in mind, as well as list stuff that may get left out.

I'm flying in so bringing stuff from Texas will be difficult, but I'd still like to help where I can. Maybe some Spicy Stubb's BBQ sauce (sounds like there will be plenty of sauce though), pickled hot garlic, etc.

Put me down for all of the paper plates and plastic cups (16 oz. or better). More if needed, or as I can bring and/or find locally.

Oh Yeah-- all the stuff from Stubb's is top shelf- and they are really nice folks too-- I met one of his grandsons at thier booth (Houston Food Expo) I got all the free samples I could carry. IMO smoked meat with or without sauce is a personal thing-- if it is done right, sauce is not NEEDED-- but just like the cheese on a burger it can make it mo' better. BTW at cook-offs sauce is verbotten on the competition meat- it does, at some events, have its own catagory.. if you make your own-- please bring us some--and put your name on it so we know who to thank----

I think we could use any condiments that ya'll might want to bring- pickles-canned peppers-etc.

Greg[/QUOTE]

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

SOOOO incredibly bummed I'm not rolling in until late Saturday night.

Maybe I need to blow off the bridal show I'm supposed to be working on Saturday and leave early! I only paid $40 for the booth space so, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Hummm.....

Oh, and for what it's worth, yes, technically the meat should stand on it's own but, I still tend to use some sauce at the end. Old habits are hard to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    SOOOO incredibly bummed I'm not rolling in until late Saturday night.

Maybe I need to blow off the bridal show I'm supposed to be working on Saturday and leave early! I only paid $40 for the booth space so, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Hummm.....

Oh, and for what it's worth, yes, technically the meat should stand on it's own but, I still tend to use some sauce at the end. Old habits are hard to break.

I will save you a plate full--better late than never-Len

If you are flying in from Texas bring some Rudy's sauce!!! We can get Stubb's stuff in the grocery store here. I miss Rudy's!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    If you are flying in from Texas bring some Rudy's sauce!!! We can get Stubb's stuff in the grocery store here. I miss Rudy's!

Well if Stubb's is available in the area, then I will bring some "sause"....it took forever to get Rudy's here and It's best in town, IMHO.

I'll bring a BIG bottle!

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrr......The meat should stand on it's own.

I knew the purist in you would show itself...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I can bring Salt and Pepper. I would try to bring more, but I'm really broke right now.

Frau Stuka is donating 20(+) dozen fresh, home-made peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies....

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....