Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2010 --Pa, what's for dinner?

Default SELEM 2010 --Pa, what's for dinner?

Hey y'all it's almost that time again; time for yummy, smokey, slow cooked pork and lasers.

This year I'm going to do pulled pork butts again if that is okay with everyone. Going to take an extra day off work where we don't spend too much time in the kitchen and miss all the fun. Buffo is bringing sauces - couple different tomato-based ones (Sticky Fingers brand Memphis Original and Sweet Burbon), plus a hot one (forget the name, but it's a combo mustard and tomato base with a bit of a kick), and a mustard base one (probably Bessenger's brand). I might whip up a quart {~gasp~} of sauce too . I still think the meat ourta stand on it own...... I know, I know, different strokes......

Question to you all, What side Items?

Slaw - pretty sure we're doing slaw regardless. Do you guys perfer regular, hot or both?

Then choose one: Tater salad OR bbq beans?

Anything else or special requests?

Also need some of you all to pitch in on plates, cups, plasticware, paper towels, ect.....if you would, please.

Speaking of pitching in, can we pitch in a few bucks to off set the cost of all this food?
    It is extremely unfair that you pay for all of this out of your own pocket.

I plan to bring my rum again.
    I'm not sure how many people got a chance to try it last time.

Lazerjock

I'll be flying in, but would be glad to stop and pick up anything needed, plates, utensils, cups, etc. along the way.
    I also agree about your out-of-pocket expense - will be happy to contribute for cost of any meal.

I'm open to any sides....I'll bring some habanero pickled garlic or something hot (as long as I can check it).

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Question to you all, What side Items?
    Slaw - pretty sure we're doing slaw regardless. Do you guys perfer regular, hot or both?
    I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to hot food, but I'm probably in the minority on that, so I guess a little of both is a good compromise.
    choose one: Tater salad OR bbq beans?
    I vote for beans.
    Anything else?
    I think I'll bring another one of those large 1/2 sheet cakes again. That seemed to go over rather well.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to hot food, but I'm probably in the minority on that, so I guess a little of both is a good compromise.
    I vote for beans.
    I think I'll bring another one of those large 1/2 sheet cakes again. That seemed to go over rather well.

Adam
    Frau Stuka mentioned she may try to bring along some fresh baked cookies.....yumm...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thumbs up

Mmmm... Cookies! Sounds great Randy.

Anyone else want to volunteer to help Doug, his wife, and Len with the food? (Doug, you can count on me for a wide variety of BBQ sauce, and I'll bring a huge cake too.) Greg mentioned that he'd be willing to pick up some paper plates, forks, cups, napkins and stuff...

Anything else we need or want?

Adam

Having not been to this gathering in the past, it is hard to comprehend all that is about to take place.

I was first enticed by lasers and that was great alone.

Then talk of beer came about and I was completely sold.

Now, I'm receiving word of slow cooked pork products along with the for-mentioned enticements.

I'm not sure I will ever leave to come home after a weekend in NC.

That being said, I would be happy to contribute anything that is needed. Please just let me know via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    Having not been to this gathering in the past, it is hard to comprehend all that is about to take place.

I was first enticed by lasers and that was great alone.

Then talk of beer came about and I was completely sold.

Now, I'm receiving word of slow cooked pork products along with the for-mentioned enticements.

I'm not sure I will ever leave to come home after a weekend in NC.
    The weekend DEFINITELY turns into a MULTI-sensory overload, in ways that must be experienced first-hand to be appreciated!!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'm bringing some chilies if they are ripe by mid August. They are gonna be KILLER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smkwIaTltNU

I have an assload of plastic flatware I can bring to help out