Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New 6 Watter! :)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default New 6 Watter! :)

    Just thought I'd post some pics of the new beast.

    Not too bad for "6 Watts" huh? Anyone doing big shows and/or outdoor shows, you gotta start budgetting for one of these bad boys!! Perfectly visible in a lit baseball stadium with NO FOG!!! Obviously fog would have made it even brighter, but pretty damn nice none-the-less.

    Price tag on these is quite affordable also. (for companies getting paid for shows obviously). Im not suggesting hobbyists start saving up for one! Although, be my guest!

    I haven't measured its divergence, but it was actually better than i thought at large distances. We all know at these powers the beams arent great. But i was pleasantly impressed. My melles at 2.5 Watts was alot worse than this is.

    The beam fits on my DT40 Scanners too!!! *maybe* and i mean, *maybe* a micron of a spill over. I couldnt even tell though. but at almost 8 Watts, who cares anyway

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1095.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	390.9 KB 
ID:	17704

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1082.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	17705

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1105.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	428.2 KB 
ID:	17700

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1109.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	428.9 KB 
ID:	17701

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1111.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	443.7 KB 
ID:	17702

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1114.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	475.6 KB 
ID:	17703


    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Nice!

    Looking at those pictures, I just hope you have some goggles or everything will look red to you from now on ...

    Polarisation 50:50?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    The beam fits on my DT40 Scanners too!!! *maybe* and i mean, *maybe* a micron of a spill over. I couldnt even tell though. but at almost 8 Watts, who cares anyway
    The inside of your case might ;-)

    " I'm melting...I'm melting" Said the wicked witch of the west.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Price tag on these is quite affordable also. (for companies getting paid for shows obviously). Im not suggesting hobbyists start saving up for one! Although, be my guest! -Marc
    I have to ask +- $10k

    Jim

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    I have to ask +- $10k

    Jim
    <$10K

    $10k for almost 8W is QUITE impressive to me!!!! Im thinkin of gettin another one just so he has a big brother to play with. lol.

    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  6. #6
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,295

    Default

    yes, but will it pop balloons and light matches?

    (ducking)




    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Just thought I'd post some pics of the new beast.

    Not too bad for "6 Watts" huh? Anyone doing big shows and/or outdoor shows, you gotta start budgetting for one of these bad boys!! Perfectly visible in a lit baseball stadium with NO FOG!!! Obviously fog would have made it even brighter, but pretty damn nice none-the-less.

    Price tag on these is quite affordable also. (for companies getting paid for shows obviously). Im not suggesting hobbyists start saving up for one! Although, be my guest!

    I haven't measured its divergence, but it was actually better than i thought at large distances. We all know at these powers the beams arent great. But i was pleasantly impressed. My melles at 2.5 Watts was alot worse than this is.

    The beam fits on my DT40 Scanners too!!! *maybe* and i mean, *maybe* a micron of a spill over. I couldnt even tell though. but at almost 8 Watts, who cares anyway

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1095.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	390.9 KB 
ID:	17704

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1082.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	17705

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1105.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	428.2 KB 
ID:	17700

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1109.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	428.9 KB 
ID:	17701

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1111.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	443.7 KB 
ID:	17702

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1114.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	475.6 KB 
ID:	17703


    -Marc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    You just need say 6w of 445 and a shitload of red now marc
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    You just need say 6w of 445 and a shitload of red now marc
    On the way!!! Red...well, i have NO idea what to do about that yet!!!

    Someone *really* needs to get on this red void now!!!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •