Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DT40 Pro vs DT40 Wide: mounting clamp dimensions

Pro job
    JK, nice way to get out of a pickle

Can anyone comment on the performance at 60 degrees (as an example) of DT40 Wides vs. DT40 Pros? I am looking for better performance at reasonable angles in a small space, not ultra-wide 90 degree projections. I can upgrade to the Wides from the Pros for $150 a piece - so is it worth the upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by laserism View Post
    Can anyone comment on the performance at 60 degrees (as an example) of DT40 Wides vs. DT40 Pros? I am looking for better performance at reasonable angles in a small space, not ultra-wide 90 degree projections. I can upgrade to the Wides from the Pros for $150 a piece - so is it worth the upgrade?
    The wides don't do anything better except go wide. I would say they are probably slower because of the larger mirrors. If you want raw speed then I thin the regular 40pros are better.

If you just want small and fast then look at the 506s. They can be had with different size mirrors. Smaller would equal better graphics. Usually dt40 wides are for beam shows.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    The wides don't do anything better except go wide. I would say they are probably slower because of the larger mirrors. If you want raw speed then I thin the regular 40pros are better.

If you just want small and fast then look at the 506s. They can be had with different size mirrors. Smaller would equal better graphics. Usually dt40 wides are for beam shows.
    true, although i've had pretty good success doing abstracts with my dt40w's.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    true, although i've had pretty good success doing abstracts with my dt40w's.
    That's because you are the abstract master

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    That's because you are the abstract master
    i am very abstract!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.