Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT40 Pro vs DT40 Wide: mounting clamp dimensions

Default DT40 Pro vs DT40 Wide: mounting clamp dimensions

Hi all,

anyone know if I can fit the DT40 Wide motors to the same mount block that came with my DT40 Pros? Removing the old one while I fix the amps for the Pro motors would make me very sad.

They will fit but you wont be able to go full width as the wide scan block has a chunk milled out to match the conical end of the y scanner so if you go too wide you will just draw on the scanblock. But running narrow is better than not running

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    They will fit but you wont be able to go full width as the wide scan block has a chunk milled out to match the conical end of the y scanner so if you go too wide you will just draw on the scanblock. But running narrow is better than not running

Rob
    Thanks! I measured it but it didn't look like it'd fit. I assumed the Wides would have the same motors as the Pros, but apparently they're different. Who's stupid? Me. (I am.)

In fact, on actually trying it, they don't fit. :-(

Crazy cos after you posted yesterday I tried one here to be certain and it fitted????
    How old are your DTs and are they for large beam mirrors or standard - not that there should be a difference.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

The DT40Pros are pretty old- a couple of years, and out of warranty (glork). The DT40 Wides are brand new.

In the end I managed to remove the mount from the projector and replace it with the Wide block. And promptly stripped the thread on the X-galvo shaft clamp. (It seemed to be cross-threaded, as it was rather difficult to remove.)

I am now super pissed.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    I am now super pissed.
    hi Super Pissed...

Congrats on the 'extrication'... want a couple free helicoils, or are you 'good'? I gotta go hit-up USPS tomorrow, anyhoo....

If-so, I assume we're talking metric, but, then-again, if you have to bore-out anyway, you might as well just re-tap to a nice 8 or 10-32 or something US'ey... ...OR not...

..either way, lemme know if I can pop an envelope in the mail to ya...
    cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    hi Super Pissed...

Congrats on the 'extrication'... want a couple free helicoils, or are you 'good'? I gotta go hit-up USPS tomorrow, anyhoo....
    Thanks Jon, but we don't really have time to do this right now. I'm going to pick up a small C-clamp and jury rig it for now, and then drill and re-tap at my leisure (hahahaha like I have any leisure time).

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    ...and then drill and re-tap at my leisure (hahahaha like I have any leisure time).
    right on..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...