Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LaserWave 445 Optics sold by CT. Lasers to the members of This Forum

You miss nothing by using the 445 without the 473. Might reduce your need for green but that is all. You get the same colors.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    You miss nothing by using the 445 without the 473.
    except.....
    The better beam of 473
    The greater power of having 445 + 473
    The ability to do graphics
    and im sure i could keep going......

Sure, if you are building a projector from scratch and you want a RGB you will probably go with 445 for your blue(because its cheap, not because its good). But I'll tell you what, My projector with 473 and 445 Will be better than yours with just 445

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    members who already have 473 installed arent going to *remove* power/wavelengths from their systems. I think that is against the law and punishable by death.
    ^^^^^^
    EXACTLY!

-Brooks

I don't know.. ever since I put 445nm in my system I don't miss my 473nm even slightly.. certainly not enough to go to any kind of effort combining the two. That deep blue along with simply great modulation response has me sold 110%. Personally I almost feel as if adding 473nm might muddy things up a little. The color saturation provided by 445nm is just breathtaking.

The real bottom line here though is that everyone will have their own feelings on this depending on their tastes, and no one is better or worse, right or wrong. If you like the outcome, then you're happy and that's all that counts.