Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who want's to help design a real MONSTER?

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    24 sided axicon anyone ?

Nooooooooooo!
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    has anyone built a more than 8 on this forum other than arctos (or what ever their name is) It is all easy until you go and try it...isnt the old saying...if it were so easy...everybody would do it
    hmm

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...83&pagenumber=

and i never intended to convey that i thought it was "easy". I don't believe that it is as earth-movingly, prohibitively, needle-in-a-haystack difficult as you say it is.

and btw - we aren't all retards on this forum either. some of us may actually be somewhat capable
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    wasnt having a pop sorry if thats how it came across

i was waiting for someone to mention them - arctos lol

knife edging straight into a cube would work but your best to knife edge into the telescope optics first then cube the smaller beams.

as has been mentioned by others who purchased a full casio projector heat it mega. how are you going to solve the heat problem?

with all the lens and optics you dont want to put fans in there as you will spend your life cleaning
    Beam will be taken care of before combining, but still a rectangle, after combining shaping will be by anamorphic prism pair.

Heat will be taken care of by the large Copper heatsink. Depending on the heat generated during the testing, then I will decide if there is a need for a TEC on the large Copper Heatsink/Diode mount (doubtful, but testing will prove)

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    hmm

and i never intended to convey that i thought it was "easy". I don't believe that it is as earth-movingly, prohibitively, needle-in-a-haystack difficult as you say it is.

and btw - we aren't all retards on this forum either. some of us may actually be somewhat capable
    lets just say its possible to build a multi diode setup using hand tools only

just cos people dont post details on this forum doesnt mean they havent built something.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

lets just say its possible to build a multi diode setup using hand tools only

just cos people dont post details on this forum doesnt mean they havent built something.
    Enough said.............

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    hmm

dang, i must need sensitivity training or something.

I never said it could not be done. Where did I say.... "earth-movingly, prohibitively, needle-in-a-haystack difficult"...hells bells, Im the ultimate optimist...I believe in alien visitors to this planet! But im also a realist, and realize that you cant hold it in your hand until you make it, because it currently dosnt exist.

Yes phitzer built a big red, and sure he could do a big blue...anyone else build a more than an 8 banger??? for that matter....has anyone else built a 8 banger? So you might agree it is the exception not the rule.

I never indicated that anyone on the forum was a retard (except possibly prodjallen)

Everyone is capable, it is just not easy. When I say it is not easy...i think of all of the mechanics that would need to be produced to make it happen.

I also think of the resultant size of a "new" design...THAT is why "I" would use what was already provided in the projector. That dosnt mean I'm right or it is the only way...it is just the way "I" would do it.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    I wonder how many people are now planning on putting a huge 445nm laser together right now.. lol

I would be prepared to pay up to $1k for a turnkey 24W laser because:
    24x diodes/lenses + mirrors: $700
    $100 for Drivers
    $10 for TEC cooling
    $50 for materials
    $140 for someone to make, assemble, wire, align, tune and test it
    <pisstake=off>

Personally, there's no way on earth I would incorporate Aixiz modules on this scale of laser, getting alignment is hard enough without the variables they bring.
    It would be easier to make new diode holders from scratch than cludge the Casio ones into something useful IMHO.
    Temperature controlling the entire optical deck with that many high power diodes will will need careful thought as well, this will be quite a beast
    WADR... you are way off in your calculations...and $1000.00 would barely get you started to make one. You are placing engineering time and build time at about $1.00 per hour IMHO...but I await the $1000.00 24 watt 445 laser
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Yes phitzer built a big red, and sure he could do a big blue...anyone else build a more than an 8 banger??? for that matter....has anyone else built a 8 banger? So you might agree it is the exception not the rule.

yes .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

yes .
    start the list here:

1-

infinity-
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    With the price of these diode's I want to build a Monster.... I plan to take all of the diodes and make a 20-24Watt 445nm "Big Blue"

If you want to help with the design or just keep up with the progress of this monster build, email me @ slicklasers@msn.com.
    pshhh you know i want to know how this comes along!