Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave 250mW 473nm module, driver & PSU - doing <> 300mW - feeler?

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    The issue isn't whether or not the 473nm laser is worth good money, it's whether or not they still have applications here. Since it is a rather difficult to build DPSS laser it still has great value.. perhaps just not to many of us with the new 445nm business going on.

Also, I have a gut feeling that if certain powers have their way these 445nm diodes will not always be quite so easily obtained. I sincerely hope that this never happens, but along with the obvious safety concerns these 445nm diodes are putting a damper on some folk's ability to successfully make money.
    Yup, your right entirely. But, like everything else in the media, i think that the whole issue regarding these 445's will wane away into nothing.

I just know that had i bought a 150mw 473 for a pretty big chink of money like i planned to, i would have been totally gutted to hear about these 445 diodes. I believe the prices for 473's will simply have to drop. But i don't think they'll drop by a massive amount. Like you say they will still have a demand.

This laser is still for sale at £450

Free delivery worldwide, insured to value and Trackable.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Red face

Dammit man... If I still have some money left over after SELEM.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    This laser is still for sale at £450

Free delivery worldwide, insured to value and Trackable.
    F#ching hell Jim. I payed £450 for a 100mW LW blue doing 130mW just a couple of months ago.

Talk about bad timing.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Some pictures of the offending article, still in my RGB:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4662.JPG  

IMG_4661.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I am after buying a Roland SH201 Carl to add to my Novation Bass Station I have on the way

Just need to learn how to play them
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Just get a MIDI Controller Keyboard and Propellerheads Reason.
    Then throw all your hardware away. Thats what I done when Reason came out, not looked back since!

Wonder where my old Roland JX3P & D50 are now? (rotting somewhere I hope LMAO!)

I had a D50 They-er greaatttttt

I also have Reason and don't use it - No character at all It's boring.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Thumbs up

I don't know shit and I say get the Roland...

hey, an OT discussion I can follow 100%!
    I just had a glass of wine with one of the guys at Propellerhead, I have a ton of analog synth gear and love my lasers!

The 201 is a nice machine if you want analog-style sounds without the hassle of 25+ year old machines (wich I happen to love!). Reason is nice but I am a more hardware kind of guy, I like it when you have different physical interfaces on machines, that is a big part of their character.

Good luck with the sale and your new synths!