Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laserwave 250mW 473nm module, driver & PSU - doing <> 300mW - feeler?

Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    Great!

Now we can fully focus on another real interesting subject.. synths!!

But seriously.. i also have an 250mW CNI 473nm lying here, put out of business due the 445nm hype. I think I rather stick to it.. losing more then 50% of its initial purchase price.. just not worth it..
    Exactly, i'd feel the same.. I think a lot of people are scare selling the 473's at the mo due to the 455's. If i payed a lot for a laser i'd be hanging onto it instead of making a loss.

Getting back to synths.. I used to collect analog synths. I'd love to get half of my gear back for they price they go for these days.

At the mo i use Propellerhead Record, Novation SL61, Novation Zero SL, Edirol UA-25EX audio interface on KRK RP monitors and KRK sub.. The sound compared to the old dogs is awesome. You hear a lot about people harping on about how warm a jupiter or sequential sounds and that you can't replicate that. Wrong! Its damn close if not better and ultimately more flexible. The other option is to use some other DAW that supports VST's and use soft synths.. Some pretty amazing synths around these days, Xylength, Zebra, Z3ta to name a few. Some brilliant software versions of the old Roland stuff mentioned earlier too.

Its all about space for me these days. I have more power now with my tiny setup than i had when i had a room full of 20+ analog synths.

I'm keeping both my 473 and my synths!

I have been buying and repairing synths since 1992 or so and I have hardly sold anything that I didn't have duplicates of...
    I wasn't really in to big polysynths though but more small monosynths, miniature stuff, modular gear, vocoders and exotic outboard effects but I guess it is worth a fair bit today.
    I have all the Korg MS-synths, the whole Roland x0x series (inc. 3x303s) and a few oddities like Serge modular, OSC OSCar, korg 700 & 800dw, I like them for their quirkyness, interfaces and cool sounds and have never really gotten into softsynths although I use computers for recordning (ProTools and Sony Acid strangely enough!)

To get this back on topic: My coolest discovery in the latest years was that my modulars and lasers shared the same voltage ranges...can you say trippy lissjaus abstract realtime analog visuals? =)

Thought it would be a good idea to start up a new thread on the topic of Music Hardware/Software here.... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...385#post158385

Cheers