Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave 250mW 473nm module, driver & PSU - doing <> 300mW - feeler?

Default Laserwave 250mW 473nm module, driver & PSU - doing <> 300mW - feeler?

I have a LaserWave 250mW 473nm Blue analog/TTL module (driver & PSU included) doing approx 300mW, that I am thinking of selling and replacing with a 445nm module I am currently building.
    I want to know if anyone will be interested in this module prior to me removing it from my projector - if no one wants it, I could do with the cash to finely hone my 445 , then I will leave it in and mix it with the 445 - space in an issue though
    Specs here:
    http://www.laser-wave.com/en/2009/0121/article_18.html

I am thinking of around £700'ish?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Will trade for a nice red setup?

Home built or module?

WHY?
    Last edited by smogthemog; 06-17-2010 at 00:29.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

honestly until this whole 445nm thing blows over its not worth selling it at the moment... I had a 250mW laserwave that I tried selling here and on ebay with no luck...

I would like to trade your 250mW blue with 2000mW! of other blue diode power. (diode only)

So you want to swap me my 250mW of 473 that cost me £1200 less than a year ago, that has done no more than 5 hours work in total, for one 455 diode

I know it's not worth that much mate but it worth more than bloody £40

Your weird
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    So you want to swap me my 250mW of 473 that cost me £1200 less than a year ago, that has done no more than 5 hours work in total, for one 455 diode

I know it's not worth that much mate but it worth more than bloody £40

Your weird
    haha. I'll give ya £50?

As painful as it may sound there is a lot of truth in the last few comments. Taking the pee a lot maybe but personally, i wouldn't have it for even £300. I know how much it cost, but sadly that means nothing now. I'm just so glad i didn't buy a 473. The whites achieved with the 445's are just fantastic. So 445 for me!

Keep it and mix it i say.

Quote Originally Posted by XysteR View Post
    As painful as it may sound there is a lot of truth in the last few comments. Taking the pee a lot maybe but personally, i wouldn't have it for even £300. I know how much it cost, but sadly that means nothing now. I'm just so glad i didn't buy a 473. The whites achieved with the 445's are just fantastic. So 445 for me!

Keep it and mix it i say.
    unless your doing graphics... having a dark blue sky and water doesn't really do it for me

The issue isn't whether or not the 473nm laser is worth good money, it's whether or not they still have applications here. Since it is a rather difficult to build DPSS laser it still has great value.. perhaps just not to many of us with the new 445nm business going on.

Also, I have a gut feeling that if certain powers have their way these 445nm diodes will not always be quite so easily obtained. I sincerely hope that this never happens, but along with the obvious safety concerns these 445nm diodes are putting a damper on some folk's ability to successfully make money.

Lightbulb

If I had the extra cash in my pocket I would buy it from you; for the asking price. 250mW of 473 would go nice with 800 to 1000mW of 445; assuming you have the red and green to match. My goal is to see if I can get an AOM on a similar TTL blue to mix with a couple of 445s running half power; need to get a couple of 640s to go with a quad of 660.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin