Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, No laser output, FB3, Quickshow

well it would seem that there is a very faint output coming from the green, i would not have seen it except i placed a small piece of white cardboard in front of the aperture. The image at the scanner is of the nature of a scope signal. The cue selected is a simple cone. Nothing at all from the two reds

Quote Originally Posted by Synce View Post
    Really? Mine came with a screw on cap over the aperature.
    i have the lower end units(ie cheapest) maybe it is standard on the better models. They do all three provide a nice dot across the room in cw mode.....

Quote Originally Posted by Synce View Post
    Set up a pattern to run through QS and click "enable laser output". Then try all combinations switches until the pattern is displayed. I can't remember exactly but it seemed like on of my switches was backwards. Or maybe I'm just lysdexic???

On my setup (only green at the moment), the +G and -G are hooked up to the ILDA board.

Also, just check to make sure you have the screw dust covers taken off the end of your lasers. (Yes, I've left mine on before and couldn't figure out why the hell it wasn't working.)
    will it damage the lasers if i switch them to cw mode with a analog signal coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by CRFultz View Post
    will it damage the lasers if i switch them to cw mode with a analog signal coming in?
    Can't respond in detail at the moment, can you disconnect mod wires from breakout board and connect directly to a 5v source?

Are you sure your DB25 cable is straight through?

If not, you could be using a null modem cable like this...

I just checked it, between R+ and ground I read -2.374 volts and the green reads +.1280 vdc. This is with the dip switchs in the off position. With the switchs (3,4,5) in the on position I read 0 volts between R+ and gnd and +.1230 between +G and Gnd.
    That is very odd to read a negative voltage on +R to ground. What sort of cable are you using between the DAC and the projector? Would it be at all possible to connect the DAC directly to the breakout board, eliminating the cable all together? Do you have an oscilloscope?

Should I disconnect the -R,-G terminals and leave the wires unhooked?
    Probably not, the Laserwave modules that I've played around with in the past require both being connected to work properly. My suspicion is that there's an optop coupler on the front end of a Laserwave module. This may have changed recently though as I remember a thread about input impedence issues that were resolved.

This isn't looking good
    We'll figure it out, hopefully it's just something simple. If you could try what I posted earlier, connecting the modulation wires directly to a 5V source, that would rule out the laser itself if it works.

WOW! ya R freakin awesum. Thanks DZ and 300!
    Swapped cables with the Correct one and I have output. This is my first glance at a laser projector and I am impressed at how clear it is. It would seem my green is totaly overpowering my reds cuz thats all thats being shown on the wall, all though the reds are putting out. I need to figure out how to turn down the green in the software. I'm sure there's a slider bar somewhere.....Outstanding

Well the reds are working correctly, I had the Green CW MOD sw set to CW, it shows the graphics but of coarse there is no blanking and it runs at full intensity. So powered down and switched it back to AS and now there is no output from the green. I moved the slider bars for color choice and I still only have the reds when selected. Under "projector settings" I clicked on the middle tab and both color sliders are at 100%. I checked the voltage between G+ and ground and got .072 vdc. I will try LiveQuick and see what I get with it. I'm hoping it's something in the software and not my green Driver/PS.

Thanks again for your help

Well the reds are working correctly, I had the Green CW MOD sw set to CW, it shows the graphics but of coarse there is no blanking and it runs at full intensity. So powered down and switched it back to AS and now there is no output from the green. I moved the slider bars for color choice and I still only have the reds when selected. Under "projector settings" I clicked on the middle tab and both color sliders are at 100%. I checked the voltage between G+ and ground and got .072 vdc. I will try LiveQuick and see what I get with it. I'm hoping it's something in the software and not my green Driver/PS.

Thanks again for your help
    Are you sure that the other dipswitch (located under the TTL input) is selected correctly? See Dave's (Lasershowparts) LW manual here. P1 (TTL) to the right, P2 (Analog) to the right?

...just trying the easy stuff here

I unwired the two reds that are working correctly and wired in the green in their place. The green is now working. So I know my lasers are ok, so that leaves the Breakout board or the FB3 or the software. I'm hoping it's the software...