Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help, No laser output, FB3, Quickshow

Quote Originally Posted by CRFultz View Post
    I unwired the two reds that are working correctly and wired in the green in their place. The green is now working. So I know my lasers are ok, so that leaves the Breakout board or the FB3 or the software. I'm hoping it's the software...
    Hmm, I thought we had this kicked. Probably the next thing to check would be the palette. Maybe it's set to output red only? If it's setup to RGB, how about attaching the green laser to +B/-B and see if you have output. Let us know.

i hooked up the green to the blue terms but got the same thing. the pallet is set at rgb so it should have shown something. im going to try a different computer when i get home. ill let you know what i find. looking like the fb3 is mucked up.

I took the laptop and the FB3 to work and hooked it to the scope. The Red and Green channels were flat lined. BUT, while the scope was hooked to the green channel I tapped the top and I got a flicker on the scope......So I opened up and the pins on the upper board were half on....I can't believe how simple a fix that was. Now all three channels work!!
    I spent the rest of the day tweaking the alignment and then checking out the cues.
    Tomorrow I will take good pics and post them so I can be evaluated by you guys. I have a Blue mount and the FlexMods waiting for me to assemble something, now if I can only find a couple blue diodes....... I think if I look hard enough I might find a couple for sell....if not I might have to swing for one of those fancy projectors......

Thanks DZ and the rest who helped me get this going.....

Chuck
    Sorry for the lousy cell phone pics....I'll post good ones tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0038.jpg  

IMAG0039.jpg  

Last edited by CRFultz; 06-20-2010 at 16:54. Reason: lousy cell phone

Haha, I always have troubles getting those connectors off, I can't see how yours just decided to fall off

I'm pretty sure it came that way. I mocked it up on the bench when I first got it just to see and I remember the laser blanked off when i moved it, but it came back on right away. I thought at the time it was a loose signal wire. Anyway it's all good now.