Thread: Progress

Default Progress

I just thought I'd share my progress on a 'undisclosed' diode laser with an anamorphic prism pair

(Upper = with the prisms, lower = without)

Sorry for the crappy pic, I'm running them just above threshold and they're still saturating the camera.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

What colour are the diodes? The dots looks red, the surroundings yellow and your hand green!

Anyway not a bad result.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    What colour are the diodes?...

You're obviously not related to Hercule Poirot are you
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

No I'm not.

I am pretty sure they are some unnamed diodes but those colours look so weird I had to ask to be sure ;-)

No offence intended, I just thought it was funny
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You're obviously not related to Hercule Poirot are you
    PMSL
    Jem thats made my day!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks Jem, I just ejected half a cup of tea from my nose all over my new laptop

* lights cigar to celebrate finding the gas leak*
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I got some more work done on this module.
    Wiring is not final yet, because everything will have to come off again to drill the last holes and to trim the base plate.

The prisms are setup to get the same expansion. The angles used for both diodes are not equal. This way the output beam of the prisms farthest from the camera is not parallel with the input beam. This is to compensate for the height difference introduced.
    Last edited by FourDee; 06-19-2010 at 08:00.

Thumbs up

Very nice!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin