Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: How do we class PL members as "trusted members"

Lightbulb

I agree, and again I have no opinion as to "if" a seperate section is needed. I do believe the goal, assuming a section is needed, is to provide a safe place to share information that may be unsafe for certain people who show disregard for safety practices. Not a circle jerk for alpha Males...

My point is that "if" one is created, the selection should have multiple options for membership so any and all who feel the need to be included have several angles in which to qualify.

I personally feel if someone is in need of information, posts a thread asking for the information, and that info might be harmful for any "allens" out there to have; someone with said information should share it in PM with the person in need if the person with the info feels comfortable enough sharing it with the person in need. Otherwise that information might not need to be posted openly here, even if it is somewhere else out there.

I view every registered member of PL "trusted" even if they only have one post. They will remain "trusted" members until dangerous levels of ass-hattery or allen association disorder should arise. At that point the "clue by four" is hanging on the wall awaiting use.

As said before...I have seen trusted members performing dangerous stunts which reflect poorly on the community and the industry as a whole. This member would be allowed backstage due to his status in the industry. So a "backstage area" is a laughable idea if everyone is given a "backstage pass".

If I want to supply super sekret information (which there is almost NONE left) I will provide it in a PM. If i dont...that is my prerogative. If I want to obtain super sekret information...I will PM the holder of such information. If he/she chooses not to provide me the information...that is their prerogative.

just because information exist...dosnt mean it is all required to be published.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Also a bit hard for us new members on the other side of the world to actually attend a LEM. (Would love to, but yeah, cost for a flight, or a new QM2000.NET Hmmm, decisions decisions)

I'm a moderator on an Australian forum that has almost 400,000 users and with that you tend to pick up who the 'Tards are. ;}

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDragon View Post
    I'm a moderator on an Australian forum that has almost 400,000 users and with that you tend to pick up who the 'Tards are. ;}
    damn thats a big forum, which forum?

I am a moderator on a forum with 130k users and I thought that was big lol

The "Forum" behind the forum keeps the sensitive information private for the most part. I'm just a lowly hobbyist who doesn't really care if the information is locked up are not. If having a secret squirrel society keeps the forum free of any liability issues then I'm all for it. If there ever comes a need for me to research the classified documents that may or may not be hidden behind locked doors, then I'll look elsewhere. And in all likelihood, I'll find what I need. That is, after all, how I ended up here. I respect the right of professionals to keep the trade secrets private amongst themselves.
    Leave the liability issues up to the other forums. I'll go there to get the info I need.

Chuck