Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickshow to ILDA ?? HELP

Question Quickshow to ILDA ?? HELP

Hi there,

I own Pangolin Quickshow and Phoenix Live.
    Now i need to transfer some frames from QS to Phoenix.
    QS can only save as .qfrm and Phoenix can import only .ilda.

Is there a way to convert .qfrm to .ilda

Please help, i need it for a show in a few days.

Cheers,

Ron

I think this functionality has been intentionally left out to protect the artwork that comes with the FB3 package.

If these are frames you have made yourself, and have taken ages to finish, maybe pangolin can help you convert them if you ask them nicely.

The only other way around it would be to get an ADAT player, modify it, record the frames, then capture back to ilda standard. However I believe this violates the EULA of the FB3
    leading in trailing technology

pangolin want all their frames to be exported and copied and sold/used by others!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

The other users who have replied to this topic are correct. To reiterate something that any QuickShow user sees a) during the software installation process; b) when running QuickShow for the first time or when running any subsequent update; and c) when downloading updates from the updates section of our web site:

-------------------------------------------------

USE OF PANGOLIN-PROVIDED SHOW ELEMENTS

On the distribution media and subsequent updates (such as those downloadable here), Pangolin provides frames and animations, and show instructions, as well as workspaces, fonts, and other art-ware; collectively called "Pangolin-Provided Show Elements" (PPSEs). In general, PPSEs may be included in productions which are for your own use, or which are sold or transferred to other licensed QuickShow users.
    However, Pangolin-Provided Show Elements may not be sold or transferred, in whole or in part, to others who are not licensed to use QuickShow. Examples of prohibited transfers to non-QuickShow users include: 1) direct copying of PPSEs; 2) indirect copying via transferring shows you create which include Pangolin-Provided frames or animations, and 3) recording shows containing PPSEs onto laser-projectable formats such as ADAT tape.

-------------------------------------------------

Pangolin, and six other lasershow and software companies have already had to take legal action against several companies (two in Germany and one in China) who were distributing and making unauthorized use of their content. After the law suits commenced, ILDA themselves got involved and came up with a public policy on the matter. In addition, any ILDA member must abide by the code of ethics and code of business practice.

Completely setting aside the legal, moral, and ethical implications of all of this, QuickShow includes magic which makes laser frames look better than other software. And lastly, if you yourself create something in QuickShow, you are doing so in a format that is distinctly not ILDA compatible and in fact, doesn't even use "points" or even "vectors" as they are known in the common laserist vernacular. This is why, no matter where we go, when we connect QuickShow to a projector, people always tell us that it looks better than with other software. (This same magic will be made available to LD2000 users later this year.) This means even if you could get at the data itself, the images simply would not look as good if projected by other software.

People buy Pangolin products for a number of reasons. One is the amount of content that we provide. Another is the projected image quality that is made available by our software. Another is the overall value that one derives from being part of the Pangolin family, and the promise of lifetime free updates.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    This same magic will be made available to LD2000 users later this year.
    Hell yeah, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    QuickShow includes magic which makes laser frames look better than other software.
    Its not magic, is maths!
    I am guessing that hermite geometry plays a significant part and that you are probably storing the control points for a set of splines?

Regards, Dan.

Hi Dan,

No, not at all. BUT, if Hermite Geometry is your bag, maybe you should be working for us (in your spare time at least ).

I'm not kidding! We've always got more ideas than we have time to accomplish them. And we always enjoy working with smart peoples.

If you're interested, please contact us by email and we'll chat it up...

Best regards,

William Benner

Bill: absolutely understand - and agree with - what your policy is. Perhaps if you could look at this thread though you will appreciate where I am getting frustrated?

Some of the included frames in quickshow are spectacular. I'm curious if there any future plans to incorporate some of the content and improved format into the fb3 version of livepro ?

Cheers