Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay item number #290420397926

Default Ebay item number #290420397926

I am looking into getting this ebay item for laser shows. But don't know if i should. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I am looking into getting this ebay item for laser shows. But don't know if i should. Does anybody have any recommendations?
    I recommend that you don't. Really.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I recommend that you don't. Really.
    Just curious as to why i shouldn't. I appreciate your help

Because you could build it yourself for about one third of that price, the optics would be good quality and properly adjuststable, the lasers are much more likely to actually output the stated power, it won't fall to pieces and if a part does fail you won't have to pay to ship a 50lb package to China only to have the thing held ransom for the cost of a part that is excluded from the warranty because you have been 'a sirry iriot' for switching it on during a Wednesday evening.

**Draws a breath**

EDIT: 68lbs

EDIT2: Really really shit optics setup - pieces of bent tin - shocking at that price
    Last edited by Doc; 01-18-2011 at 10:47.

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Because you could build it yourself for about one third of that price, the optics would be good quality and properly adjuststable, the lasers are much more likely to actually output the stated power, it won't fall to pieces and if a part does fail you won't have to pay to ship a 50lb package to China only to have the thing held ransom for the cost of a part that is excluded from the warranty because you have been 'a sirry iriot' for switching it on during a Wednesday evening.

**Draws a breath**
    Thank you for the tip. Any places i can go to instruct me step by step as to how to build one? I think it would be fun and rewarding.

That's quality, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post

That's quality, right there.
    Yeah, and it's supposed to be a one Watt - 3B?

I'd definitely avdio this one Lance.

Doc's website

Yeah, and it's supposed to be a one Watt - 3B?

I'd definitely avdio this one Lance.
    Thank you, i will avoid it. Any place you recommend i could buy a good analog rgb unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Thank you for the tip. Any places i can go to instruct me step by step as to how to build one? I think it would be fun and rewarding.
    Yes, this forum.

Just go digging back through the forum and look for 'New projector build', New RGB build and similar.

Unfortunately the search system isn't very good, but Google's is so those search terms will very likey bring you back here from a Google search.

It does, I've just done exactly that, see here

Doc's website

Yes, this forum.

Just go digging back through the forum and look for 'New projector build', New RGB build and similar.

Unfortunately the search system isn't very good, but Google's is so those search terms will very likey bring you back here from a Google search.

It does, I've just done exactly that, see here
    Awesome!! thanks a ton