Thread: Kryton Module "block" Group buy

Default Kryton Module "block" Group buy

I know you guys over here at Photonlexicon are not interested in handheld style units so I'm not even going to offer the remainder of the Kryton hosts that will be available as part of this GB. However, I think you guys WILL be interested in this.

The Kryton block will be a labby style module designed specifically for incorporation into scanners, or spyrographs. The bottom of the module will be flat for mounting onto a TEC as well as fins along the outside edge. The block will utilize both a 5.6mm diode 9mm, and a c-mount. As with the Beast, only one can be used at a time. Dimensions of the module will be roughly 30mm long with a seperation in the center for the mounting of the diodes. 30-35mm in diameter As with the Beast I do not have a price as of yet. I have to wait for the quote to come back from the manufacturer. I will estimate around $25-$35

for those potentially interested in the other hosts available in this GB you can see what is available here: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/fo...num=1227146655

If your interested in the handheld units express your interest in PM and I'll include you without the need to register at LPF.
    Last edited by Kenom; 07-03-2010 at 20:15.

sexy! i would be interested in at least one! this is for the aixiz sized nut correct?
    -Josh

Hm, just a tad too pricey for me

Yes the aixiz lens nut threads right in.

I don't know for sure this will be the price of the modules. I won't know for sure until I hear back from my manufacturer.

Just an update on this.. I will be finalizing this GB for these modules at teh end of this month.. I need a lot more orders for teh modules and given the new laser diode on the block (we all know what I'm talkin bout) these are perfect hosts. I have made one update on them.. They will still have a flat bottom for mounting onto a plate or a TEC. I've added holes through the fins for the addition of a fan on teh backside to allow for airflow through the fins. Here is a conceptual drawing.

The fins will be counter productive when usuing a TEC.

The TEC will essentially cooling the air around the module.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Um, slight terminology thing!. Galvo scanners are those things with mirrors that move the beam around. It would be hard to fit the heatsink into a scanner. The diode mount goes into a "Projector" , OK?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The fins will be counter productive when usuing a TEC.

The TEC will essentially cooling the air around the module.

For the most part I'll have to disagree. The fins aren't really designed to cool the module while in use with a TEC. Since the bottom of the module will be flat, there will be a fairly good percentage of contact with the host itself for direct cooling from the TEC. While in use with the TEC, the additional fan would be unnecessary. Now I do agree that the fins on the heatsink would be extraneous while used in conjunction with the TEC. However, this was also designed to provide superior heatsinking without a TEC. This is just a variation on the modules that Dr. lava sells. 5.6mm, 9mm, and c-mount pockets, mounting holes on the bottom for attaching to a plate in your "projector" (sorry for the terminology snaffo)

Sure beats a dummy load heatsink and an aixiz module.

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-WATT-Dummy-Lo...item53e23b075f

With a diode pocket built right into the host, your going to transfer more heat to the heatsink and more to the air.