Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My effort

Very nice.. in fact nicer than a nice thing on national nice day

Talking

Hey doc, it now looks like your going to need a little more green to balance out that lovely home made blue!!!
    The mind is like a parachute, It doesn't work if it's not open...

Fu#k a duck, that is luverly!!!

How hot does the 445 head run?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Fu#k a duck, that is luverly!!!

How hot does the 445 head run?
    If you mean actual heat, around ambient with the (presently just current regulated) TEC; the heatsink and fan on the side of the case are just for the driver.

If you mean hot as in power; it is currently set at 1.3W

I need to sort out a TEC controller, but I am tied up for now installing the two redundant 473 units in my flanker projectors
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_man10 View Post
    Hey doc, it now looks like your going to need a little more green to balance out that lovely home made blue!!!
    Yeah, it pales into insignificance now!

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Where is your TEC situated? I can't see it? That's what made me ask
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Where is your TEC situated? I can't see it? That's what made me ask
    Its under the diode holders, note the cable sticking out on the first photo, I'll post a closer photo when I've had my dinner.

Doc's website

Doc's website

OIC - how have you got it squeezed inbetween the base and the diode mountings?

I canne see any bolts? Just wondering as I have got an issue of this ilk when it comes to my build. I am using Meredith mounts, which screw down from the bottom up, to house the diode/lenses in but I think I am going to have to mount the mounts on a strip of nice Ally then drill & bolt down the overhang over the TEC - Gently
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

OIC - how have you got it squeezed inbetween the base and the diode mountings?

I canne see any bolts? Just wondering as I have got an issue of this ilk when it comes to my build. I am using Meredith mounts, which screw down from the bottom up, to house the diode/lenses in but I think I am going to have to mount the mounts on a strip of nice Ally then drill & bolt down the overhang over the TEC - Gently
    I thought about doing that but I didn't want to cause a thermal short circuit.

The base part of the diode mounts it a flat 40x40x6 ally plate; I applied thermal epoxy, clamped together and oven cured at 75°C for a couple of hours.

Doc's website