Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My effort

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I thought about doing that but I didn't want to cause a thermal short circuit.

The base part of the diode mounts it a flat 40x40x6 ally plate; I applied thermal epoxy, clamped together and oven cured at 75°C for a couple of hours.
    I was going to use plastic bolts to detract from Thermal shortage.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Yeah, that'll do it, it wouldn't have worked for me though as my module base is only 3/16" thick, not thick enough for sufficient threads for plastic screws.

There are loads of alternative ways of doing this, I've already made a copper triple block and ordered some of Edison's knife mirror mounts for my next project, maybe my 5 Watt pointer?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Yowser!

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

^^^^

Looks awesome!! I'm highly jealous.. I wish I'd hit even 1W with mine by adding 445.. alas my little single-diode module only brought me up to a little over 700mW of white after optics, conservatively set to preserve the white balance. If I would have added a dual blue setup like yours it would have killed my red and green completely. As it is right now the color balance on mine is actually pretty well perfect for the first time since I built it.. Never again will 473nm find it's way into my projector.. unless it's combined with 445.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 06-28-2010 at 13:23.

I'd like to see how that compares to mateys 3W green up at the Pier now!

Fantastik.. Really great work m8.

congrats.!

Yeah, me too.

What I need to try now is a medialase DAC, I reckon she's got more up her sleeve.

Doc's website

Yowser indeed!

Thats a nice big bad laser. You have raised the bar!

Hey Doc

I'm seriously F#ucking jellos. Please don't take that to 53 degrees or I'll never be asked back with my gear.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Hey Doc

I'm seriously F#ucking jellos. Please don't take that to 53 degrees or I'll never be asked back with my gear.

Carl
    I'm sure you will pal and as far as I'm aware; we are the only two operators that Dave the production manager trusts, if you read the venue's T&Cs it clearly says "No lasers"

How did that lead I passed you work out?

Doc's website