Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Color at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    DISNEYLAND > Disneyworld
    I'm curious to know what would make you think that... sure its the original, but better?

we have a huge stadium for fantasmic at DHS compared to standing around the lagoon in disneyland magic kingdom

epcot and illuminations is awesome... (along with the food and wine festival every year, which is my yearly liver punishment)

the tower of terror in CA is pretty tame (and missing a huge chunk of the ride) compared to the one in DHS... diseyland has no (self run) reasonably priced hotels, and the fact that its quite literally surrounded by a city makes it more theme park like than theme city like disey did with the whole reedy creek improvement district (disney fire department anyone?)

also the monorail in disneyland is more of a ride than an actual useful transportation system like it is in disneyworld...

and when we were in california adventure like every ride was broken which was pretty frustrating... but the rollercoaster there is admittedly really awesome, one of the smoothest roller coasters ive ever been on... plus I always found the whole CA kind of amusing, its like, a theme park dedicated to all things california... in california... doh

also, our castle is bigger lol

although I guess Germany would win that competition, since Cinderellas castle was based off of Neuschwanstein... which I have been to and let me tell you, the disey castles are like cardboard cutouts compared to the real castle...

anyway, california is a nice place to visit but I could never live there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I'm curious to know what would make you think that... sure its the original, but better?

we have a huge stadium for fantasmic at DHS compared to standing around the lagoon in disneyland magic kingdom

epcot and illuminations is awesome... (along with the food and wine festival every year, which is my yearly liver punishment)

the tower of terror in CA is pretty tame (and missing a huge chunk of the ride) compared to the one in DHS... diseyland has no (self run) reasonably priced hotels, and the fact that its quite literally surrounded by a city makes it more theme park like than theme city like disey did with the whole reedy creek improvement district (disney fire department anyone?)

also the monorail in disneyland is more of a ride than an actual useful transportation system like it is in disneyworld...

and when we were in california adventure like every ride was broken which was pretty frustrating... but the rollercoaster there is admittedly really awesome, one of the smoothest roller coasters ive ever been on... plus I always found the whole CA kind of amusing, its like, a theme park dedicated to all things california... in california... doh

also, our castle is bigger lol

although I guess Germany would win that competition, since Cinderellas castle was based off of Neuschwanstein... which I have been to and let me tell you, the disey castles are like cardboard cutouts compared to the real castle...

anyway, california is a nice place to visit but I could never live there anyway
    ***Disneyworld has it when it comes hotels and more space.. no argument.***

- Disneyland has Indiana Jones.. Disneyworld has some lame Dinosaur ride which uses the same track

- It's a small world at Disneyland has a way better front, and they do the Christmas special with projections on it. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d2mb2_QcsM

- New Orleans square is a much cooler (IMO) theme than Liberty Square.. The haunted Mansion doesn't look nearly as cool either.

- Matterhorn Bobsleds

- The Weather

- I can see the fireworks from my house!

I'm probably just biased, growing up and still living 5 minutes away from Disneyland, and being able to go there after school. I don't think it would be that easy to do for Disneyworld since they own all of the land for miles. It seemed to me like Disneyland had more character and Disneyworld is like a copy-cat park with more walking space. Like I said, I am only talking about Disneyland vs Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom. EPCOT is awesome and MGM Studios is very similar to California Adventure. The Animal Park is cool, but if you want to go to a zoo in California, we have the San Diego Zoo
    - instinct

Just thought I would bump this with a new video I found.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-1800-feet-up/

If you look at the last couple of seconds, you can see the lasers creating the "World of Color" graphic.
    - instinct