Thread: 445nm dielectric mirrors - interest?

Default 445nm dielectric mirrors - interest?

Looks like there will be many knife-edge combiner setups made with blue diodes in the next few months. Would people be interested in small, high quality dielectric mirrors for this? I'm getting a quote for 445nm HR coated 1mm thick quartz material. The idea would be to dice it into 1/4" X 1/2" or so rectangular mirrors. The cost should be fairly low. Anyone want some if I can get them?

I might be interested. I,m looking for a good supplier

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I might be interested. I,m looking for a good supplier
    I should have pricing in a couple days. These would be good galvo mirrors for blue-only beam effects too.

I'm trying for a BBHR coating usable from 405 to 532nm if this guy can do it.

The mirrors from the last group buy work great at 445nm (its 405 they screwed us on)

I have 2 of them if you are interested (2" square, I can dice them up on a diamond saw for you)

That's what I get for being new here - missed the GB by a couple months! I might take you up on that offer. Let me get my coating quote first - I'm expecting it to be surprisingly affordable. I may make performance at 405nm a requirement, since apparently the previous order was deficient on that.

sry for asking but what is difference in using Knife edge VS dielectric mirrors ?

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt View Post
    sry for asking but what is difference in using Knife edge VS dielectric mirrors ?
    Dielectric mirrors are simply a type of mirror that can be used for knife edge combining. Dielectric mirrors generally have much higher reflectivity than aluminum or silver mirrors. Using dielectrics wastes less beam power, but the mirrors cost a slight bit more.

Knive edge mirrors are also smaller then normal 10x10mm mirrors i going to use 5 by 5mm. Could you give the losses for the mirrors? I only am interested when the losses are low. Quality comes with a price so thats understandable
    Last edited by edison; 06-22-2010 at 10:52.

Lightbulb

No offence guys buy y'all should be doing a GB for red mirrors, not blue. Who cares if you lose 5 - 10% when you have to turn it down half way to match your other colors? We need a nice fat quad of 660 to go with a nice quad of 640...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin