Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: casing and lense

Those mounts from mi-lasers with 9mm to 5.6mm adapters, are they any good?
    http://www.mi-lasers.com/diode-laser...ens-mount-p-46

I mean are they better than the aixiz mounts?

the mi one's would be better ,and bolted down to a big heatsink ,the only problem with them there's not too many lens that will fit the thread on them
    as far as the blue diodes go i would not use them with aixiz mounts unless you can get a good clamp mount heatsink

I have 2 of the Meredith mounts and they are nice units but as Chris rightly says, there are not to many lenses that will fit them unless you get adaptors made for you like I have had to do - to fit Aixiz 405 glass lenses into them

It also says in the spec that the diode has to be glued in - Mine didn't, they where a nice tight fit.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Definitely happy with the results so far. Running 1 amp drive into a 445nm diode using an o-like module I had from before. The lasorb was a perfect fit.

It's currently taped to a 6" long 1" aluminum square and just sitting on the baseplate, and has run for hours in the projector barely even getting warm. There might be a slight breeze from other nearby lasers, but no active cooling.

One thing to note, diodes fit somewhat loosely and a screw locks it into place. Due to this, I'm a bit weary of the thermal contact of the diode to the housing and while the housing may be cool the diode may not be. I did use a bit of thermal compound so hopefully that helped. On the other hand, it's nice to be able to easily remove a diode from the housing which I've had bad luck with the press fit modules modules.

Anyhow, I'd say I have ~10 hours on it so far.

what about lens quality of o-like? what shape of beam u achieve with them?

Unfortunately I can't comment on that, I'm using a aixiz 405 glass lens I had sitting around (same size and thread).

But as far as it goes, plenty good for scanned beams in my living room Over larger distances I could definitely see where correcting the beam would be of benefit.

EDIT : I looked through my old emails and noticed I did order the bluray module with the glass lens so I should still have it around. I'll have a dig through the box of parts later and do some experiments.
    Last edited by m0f; 06-23-2010 at 07:14.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    just a note for you guys
    these o-like case might be ok if you drive these blue lasers at <400mw cw with a fan on pointedat them any higher and them case's will get hot,
    i have had my blue running for a couple of hours in a big brass mount bolted down to a big base plate and that got quite warm,
    so just a warning these babys kick out some heat
    Good point- I am going to stay on the conservative side with my first 2 modules- I intend to shoehorn them into my mini RGY's to create mini RGB's. I'll probably stay around 300mw to retain some semblance of white balance, although it will be tempting to "crank it"
    Like driving a sportscar in the slow lane with the blinker on...

-Mike