Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A lot of stuff in a little bag...

Incidently, India, daily public electrocutions galore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	india1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	17939
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Sweet, one small thing; it might be better to relocate the scanner amps to the free space at the front as they will be a fairly big heat generator?

Then you could introduce some space between the PSUs to improve air flow.

Just thinking out loud here, only with my fingers, on a keyboard
    I've got three 92mm fans directly over the top row of psu's and scanner amps. Should do the trick

Default question

a question, for me i might be worried about hf noise off that switch mode power supply next to the scanner amp causing problems that close to the amp, not that my electronics knolage is any good so i might be wrong

excuse spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Synce View Post
    Yes, 10lbs of .... in a 5lb bag.

I'm really suprised I managed to squeeze four PSU's in there (5v, 12v, two 24v). I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Wait, I haven't even started wiring yet...nevermind.

Thoughts? Comments? Anything I'm overlooking?

P.S. - Labsnacks!!

Thoughts? Comments?

P.S. - Labsnacks!!
    Yes, where can I score some labsnacks from?

I think badger has a point. Its better to place the drivers on top of the baseplate behind the scannermount like did:

Name:	P1080420..JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	17944

If you drill a hole in true the baseplate you end up in the cable tray

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I think badger has a point. Its better to place the drivers on top of the baseplate behind the scannermount like did:

Name:	P1080420..JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	17944

If you drill a hole in true the baseplate you end up in the cable tray
    I thought about doing that but there aren't any fans up top and I wanted to keep them cool. I had concerns regarding the psu's but we will just have to wait and see. It's hard to find a spot where everything will work with not much real estate. The extra room in the pictures is for other drivers (LaserWave's are kinda big with the heatsink).

Then again, maybe I can slap a Faraday cage around them

I thought about doing that but there aren't any fans up top and I wanted to keep them cool. I had concerns regarding the psu's but we will just have to wait and see. It's hard to find a spot where everything will work with not much real estate. The extra room in the pictures is for other drivers (LaserWave's are kinda big with the heatsink).

Then again, maybe I can slap a Faraday cage around them
    The heat from the scanner amps will go straight into your base plate, the PSUs however will radiate a lot of heat.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The heat from the scanner amps will go straight into your base plate, the PSUs however will radiate a lot of heat.
    That's good to know. I guess a goal was to keep all the business stuff downstairs and lasers/optics up top (in an effort to reduce wires going everywhere). This picture shows the bottom of the baseplate. I don't "think" there will be an interference issue but, we'll see.

I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Yes, where can I score some labsnacks from?
    Thorlabs!!

15char

Default SCAN AMPS

here's an option move the scan amps to where that little circuit board is (on far right of pic)and put the circuit board where the amps were and that maybe enough distance to stop any problems,and if you can cut a square of steel to sit behind the amp to give it a little shielding
    i only say this to save your amps or galvos because if they do pickup any interference
    it could setup a self oscillation,and that will destroy the galvos in 2 seconds, i know its happend to me
    better safe than sorry, or like you say stick a cage around that supply
    Last edited by badger1666; 06-23-2010 at 12:30.