Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Winamp slowes down the LivePro output?

Default Why Winamp slowes down the LivePro output?

Hi all,

any ideas?

Laser output is kind of jumpy when winamp is in Play mode (which is needed for beat detection plug-in). Once stopped everything is fine. That's under Windows7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Hi all,

any ideas?

Laser output is kind of jumpy when winamp is in Play mode (which is needed for beat detection plug-in). Once stopped everything is fine. That's under Windows7.

Thanks
    You need an early version of Winamp 5< I believe.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I tried 4 versions above 5 and version 2.91 as well and it's still the same.

Default win amp

hey martin
    find the dirctory that win amps in right click on win amp exe, go to properties, click compatabilty box ,and click the check box to run in compat mode and see if that helps
    might not work but worth a try, try it with live pro too
    i think the problem will be down to compatabilty and the fact that neither program was written for win 7

also check both programs run as administrator
    Last edited by badger1666; 06-23-2010 at 12:31.

Lightbulb

Hey Martin, I have never had this problem during the times I have played with LivePro, but that is in XP and Vista. You may want to contact Pangolin for their input; you have have found a bug or they may be able to tell you where the conflict is.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I tried many versions of Winamp to finally find one that wouldn't crash Winamp with the LP plugin or slow Winamp to a crawl. I found Winamp 5.5 Pro and it works great. No crashes or bogging down of Live Pro.

I use XP and Vista. I don't know about Windows 7 or what will work with it.

I have Winamp 5.5 if you need it. Send me a PM if you do.

Gene

Thanks guys.

Hey phredy, did you mean 5.05?

Martin I kow nothing about this so aplogise if this is a noob reply, but are you absolutely sure your PC is powerful enough? In my experience stuttering is usually caused on a pc when too many demands are put on a resource all at once. So I'm just wondering if you have a bottleneck? Another thing that springs to mind is if you pc scans virus clear and you'er not introducing anything new onto it for the show, try suspening your antivirus. This will both free resources and prevent it scanning any winamp / livepor actions or commands in real time and thus elminiate this as a source of slow down.

Well it is one of the most powerfull VAIOs available so it should be fine - but I just re-remembered that exactly the same thing happened with 3D Studio Max. Wery poor performance when running winamp.

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Thanks guys.

Hey phredy, did you mean 5.05?
    No. Mine is 5.5 Pro. I'm not sure which build version it is. The credits don't give that info.

Gene