Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 300EVIL's Diode Interface Modules - With LASORB!

count me in for 4, and.....
    possibly another four at a later date

Blue Light Special Lasorb's for me !
    Last edited by carlos3621; 06-23-2010 at 12:14. Reason: lasorb type
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'll be ordering a handful.

i'm tired of soldering things too small to see and these gizmos are about the same price i was paying for a thorlabs socket and lasorb.

now if they'd just come with trail mix...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    You just press in your diode into the aixiz module...mount your aixiz module in the aixiz module holder and plug this circuit on to the diode pins, *doo all that electrical adjustment stuff...bit of pixie dust...BANG!!! light!

you might want to slide a little consulting fee to 300 he can make life good for you.

I hope that people jump on this gizmo so it can become a standard stock item! If people do not support it...it will go away and now you are back to soldering lasorbs on the back of diode pins...FAIL!!!!!!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'll take 3 with blue lasorbs.

neat product, curious though the boards is screened with LOC 445 are the 445 not closed can?
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i think that's a jumper for LOC *or* 445. the diode pinouts are not consistent between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    neat product, curious though the boards is screened with LOC 445 are the 445 not closed can?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

can you get the lasorb any closer to the diode??? (just kidding, i love this PCB)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Plug and play!
    You Bet!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Had I not just built my very own versions of those I'd be taking you up on the offer!

Building lasers has never been simpler!
    Timing is everything. Yeah, these make it really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack927 View Post
    Very cool. I'm interested in a couple of these (maybe 2), do you have an pics of a prototype unit?
    Yes I do. Just made a mockup out of cardboard for a test fit. Unfortunately I don't have a diode socket yet but this will give you a basic idea of the top view. Yes.... they are super tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Synce View Post
    I just received four Thorlabs diode sockets....any chance I could ship these to you and have you to all the dirty work?
    That should not be a problem as long as the pin spacing is the same. I imagine it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    OK - VERY cool - I'm interested..and getting ready to display my lack of knowledge concerning "roll your own" laser modules!

So, say someone might have on order, one of the twin mounts recently offered by Laserman532....

• How would you use the connector module with the Axiz mounting block? I'm trying to visualize how you could mount the diode in the housings while attached to one of these mounting modules. "Noob" question, probably....
    • I would fall in the category of wanting to run (2) 445 diodes off of a single driver, with the hopes of achieving a reliable 1 watt(+) output. Anyone willing to tutor me on the series resistor requirement?

This would all be much simpler for me to figure out if they involved to rotors and jet engines....
    Hey Randy,
    Yeah, these make it enormously simple. I believe pat answered your questions above but I'll just add to say the the back half of the Aixiz module is not needed for Pat's mounts. From here the front half will have the laser diode pins sticking out and all you have to do is slide this module onto the pins. The grip of the socket on the pins alone will hold the module in place.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I would be down for one, probably two...

-Adam
    Great! Thanks!

very nice work 300 evil!

Count me in for 10 at least, I have lasorbs. It may work out better if you can supply a "kit" with all of the components in a bag and the user solders them. They could have more fun and you dont have to solder them up...or charge a fee for assembly...

very nice. makes life simple.

+1
    Thanks Pat!
    These sure will go great with your mounts. Due to the amount of configurability, I will offer the kit however anyone wants it. Completely assembled, half assembled on not assembled at all. Either way is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i'll be ordering a handful.

i'm tired of soldering things too small to see and these gizmos are about the same price i was paying for a thorlabs socket and lasorb.

now if they'd just come with trail mix...

Sweet! I can fit about 50 in one hand! for that order I'll throw ya in a couple Nutri-grain bars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8

Quote Originally Posted by aktopjian View Post
    I'll take 3 with blue lasorbs.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i think that's a jumper for LOC *or* 445. the diode pinouts are not consistent between the two.
    Yes, that's correct. This will make it so you can select which pin is cathode since the pinout of the LOC and 445 diodes are different. This board will work on MANY other diodes as well.

can you get the lasorb any closer to the diode??? (just kidding, i love this PCB)
    LOL! No... Thanks for the great support.

this all is so cool i will take 2 blue 2 red
    thanks jeff

it is so simple that even I could wire it up and get it working...maybe...

Just put me down for what others have to meet the minimum for this first run and lets get this going. (id say hold off on lasorbs for now. Just lets get the PCB going and the sockets some people already have lasorbs.

anyway...i cant wait
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

OK -

I'm in!

Put me down for (2) red,(2) blue WITH Lasorb!!

... and instructions on how to figure out what series resistor to add for running 2 blue diodes off of 1 driver....

Thanks dude!!

Randy
    Last edited by Stuka; 06-23-2010 at 18:43.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....