Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 300EVIL's Diode Interface Modules - With LASORB!

Default 300EVIL's Diode Interface Modules - With LASORB!

Hey everyone,
    I designed these 1/2" X 1/2" micro circuit boards that plug into the back of laser diodes due to Pat, AKA, Laserman532's suggestion for a market need.

Due to the fact LASORB's need to be connected as close as possible to a laser diode and people need to worry about pin configurations, sensitive soldering temperatures and series resistors for dual and quad setups, I came up with this simple but tiny circuit for solving the problem.

Here is the schematic....

This circuit will allow the user to simply plug in the selected diode into the base of this module, connect the two wires to the users favorite driver and start lasing with ease! I configured the module to be jumper selectable between a 250mW LOC 660nm diode or a 445nm blue diode plus many more!

There is even an option to add a 1/4W - 1W series resistor to the anode side of the diode if you are running multiple diodes off of one driver. If no series resistor is needed, a jumper is put in place.

The Molex two pin header is placed on the board to make connections a breeze. This will also include 2 feet of flying lead wire.

Here is a crappy artists rendition of what the side profile of the module will look like. (Update from even crappier drawing)

With this module, you can easily mount the laser into an aixiz module and just plug the interface board into the diode.

What does this module include....

• 1 - .5" X .5" PCB
    • 1 - 3 prong laser diode socket
    • 1 - 2 pin Molex male connector
    • 1 - 2 pin Molex female connector with 2' leads
    • 1 - 0.5 ohm 1W Metal Oxide series resistor (for optional installation)
    • 1 - Red or Blue LASORB (For an additional charge)

What will these cost??????

I need an order for at least 30 to have these produced. If I can get that order together, it will take about 12 days until they are shipped to you.

The price will be $10 each for NO LASORB and series resistor of your choice (or just a jumper)

If you want your board WITH LASORB installed. The price is $16 each. (Select red or blue)

Shipping in the US. $2 (Unlimited Quantity)

Shipping international. $4 (Unlimited Quantity)

If you are interested, please post to this thread the quantity you willing to purchase and what resistance you would like for your series resistor (if needed) and which LASORB you require (if needed).
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 06-28-2010 at 18:21.

Okay everyone!

Here is the group buy list!

Payments can be sent via PayPal to hightechstuff2-AT-yahoo-DOT-com. Please include your screen name, correct shipping address and board preferences such as resistors and assembled or un-assembled in the notes. If you could PLEASE add 4% to your total and spare me the PayPal charges, that would be MUCH appreciated.

Please note: This list will only be updated, once a day.

Also, due to the fact I need to order parts in quantity from around the world, this may take a little longer than I originally expected. However, As soon as I get paid for at least 40 units, I will immediately order the parts. It may be up to 4 weeks for delivery but I'm hoping for 2-3 weeks for the first order batch.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 07-24-2010 at 19:50.

Lightbulb

Plug and play!

Had I not just built my very own versions of those I'd be taking you up on the offer!

Building lasers has never been simpler!

Very cool. I'm interested in a couple of these (maybe 2), do you have an pics of a prototype unit?

I just received four Thorlabs diode sockets....any chance I could ship these to you and have you to all the dirty work?

OK - VERY cool - I'm interested..and getting ready to display my lack of knowledge concerning "roll your own" laser modules!

So, say someone might have on order, one of the twin mounts recently offered by Laserman532....

• How would you use the connector module with the Axiz mounting block? I'm trying to visualize how you could mount the diode in the housings while attached to one of these mounting modules. "Noob" question, probably....
    • I would fall in the category of wanting to run (2) 445 diodes off of a single driver, with the hopes of achieving a reliable 1 watt(+) output. Anyone willing to tutor me on the series resistor requirement?
    This would all be much simpler for me to figure out if they involved to rotors and jet engines....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I would be down for two (blue), plus two with no lasorbs... If it gets down to being a few people short I can always have a spare around...

Just for fun:
    aktopjian - 3 [Blue Lasorb]
    swamidog - 8 [4 blue, 4 red lasorbs]
    Carlos - 4 [blue lasorbs]
    Laserman532 - 10 [No lasorbs]
    sugeek - 2 [blue lasorb] + 2 no lasorbs
    mrblack927 - ? 2 ? [no lasorb preference]
    rgb-gas - 4 [2 red, 2 blue lasorbs]
    stucka - 4 [2 red, 2 blue lasorbs]
    slicklasers - 10 [10 blue lasorbs]

Running Total: 3 + 8 + 4 + 10 + 4 + ?2? + 4 + 10
    Committed: 47
    Total with ?#?: ~ 53

Woohoo almost there

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 06-23-2010 at 20:56. Reason: updated buyers list, and my order 2 blue + 2 no lasorb
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

very nice work 300 evil!

Count me in for 10 at least, I have lasorbs. It may work out better if you can supply a "kit" with all of the components in a bag and the user solders them. They could have more fun and you dont have to solder them up...or charge a fee for assembly...

very nice. makes life simple.

+1
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    OK - VERY cool - I'm interested..and getting ready to display my lack of knowledge concerning "roll your own" laser modules!

So, say someone might have on order, one of the twin mounts recently offered by Laserman532....

• How would you use the connector module with the Axiz mounting block? I'm trying to visualize how you could mount the diode in the housings while attached to one of these mounting modules. "Noob" question, probably....
    • I would fall in the category of wanting to run (2) 445 diodes off of a single driver, with the hopes of achieving a reliable 1 watt(+) output. Anyone willing to tutor me on the series resistor requirement?

This would all be much simpler for me to figure out if they involved to rotors and jet engines....
    You just press in your diode into the aixiz module...mount your aixiz module in the aixiz module holder and plug this circuit on to the diode pins, *doo all that electrical adjustment stuff...bit of pixie dust...BANG!!! light!

you might want to slide a little consulting fee to 300 he can make life good for you.

I hope that people jump on this gizmo so it can become a standard stock item! If people do not support it...it will go away and now you are back to soldering lasorbs on the back of diode pins...FAIL!!!!!!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.