Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fiber projector head questions

Then I think i have the rubber stops as well.
    How is the quality of these galvos ? scanspeeds @ what angle ?
    Stil not shure if i going to use them

The quality (at least on the modern ones) is actually very good, speed will depend on which driver you have and what mirrors you have fitted.
    The new ones have encapsulated the magnetics in epoxy to cure the flaking that bedevilled the old versions.

With a suitable driver these will swing a **BIG** mirror (think 8 or 10mm beam) at 12K+, or a small mirror at normal sort of contemporary show speeds.

I am guessing that as this is a fibre head they probably have quite large mirrors fitted?

Give them a go, and if they work (but you hate them) then sell them to me for beer tokens.

Regards, Dan.

NO - sell them to me

I have two knackered galvo's here but two lovely drivers and a PSU

It's like having a DVD player, a nice movie to watch but no telly
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I also got the drivers EMA-1200.
    So now i need a suitable PSU :P

Let me know what exact voltage you require and I will see if I have one for you.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Here's the link to the manual from the driver board.

Quote from manual:

Power Supply
    +/-20V to +/-30V DC. Connection via the 4-pin labeled ‘’power’’. Red is positive, Green is
    ground, Black is negative. Typically a 2x18V, 100W transformer, rectified and filtered with
    6800μF/35V capacitors in each rail is sufficient for a pair of scanners. Stabilized and switching
    power supplies can also be used. If you decide to use a switching PS,make sure it can deliver at least 50W in each rail to ensure reliable operation.

But do I have to connect the ground from the driver board or can i just use positive/negative ? Because i found this PSU http://www.brigatti.nl/contents/nl/p7252.html but it doesn't have a ground on it for the driver board, only for the mains.
    Last edited by Lj_Mouzer; 06-29-2010 at 13:55.

That is a single output PSU so you would need two of them to produce the required split rail.

Regards, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lj_Mouzer View Post
    Here's the link to the manual from the driver board.

Quote from manual:

Power Supply
    +/-20V to +/-30V DC. Connection via the 4-pin labeled ‘’power’’. Red is positive, Green is
    ground, Black is negative. Typically a 2x18V, 100W transformer, rectified and filtered with
    6800μF/35V capacitors in each rail is sufficient for a pair of scanners. Stabilized and switching
    power supplies can also be used. If you decide to use a switching PS,make sure it can deliver at least 50W in each rail to ensure reliable operation.

But do I have to connect the ground from the driver board or can i just use positive/negative ? Because i found this PSU http://www.brigatti.nl/contents/nl/p7252.html but it doesn't have a ground on it for the driver board, only for the mains.
    I can supply you 2 of these PSU's at £75 + £7.50 P&P (paypal payment) http://www.imopc.com/product_details...-supplies.html

This will give you:
    +24/-24vDC @ 1.25A each -30W - 60W total.
    100-240vAC input @ 0.8A each.
    40mm wide
    112mm high
    90mm length
    Din rail mount but can be mounted in different ways or completely removed from the plastic casing?

Let me know?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

And if i use 2 single PSU's. Where do i connect the ground wire from the driver boards ?
    Can i just connect that to the ground of the 230v net supply or does it needs a separate ground ?

The ground wire would go to the - of the -24Vdc and the + of the 24Vdc (linked together). The -24vDC PSU connection will go to the -24Vdc input on the driver boards and the +24Vdc would go to the +24Vdc input of the driver boards.
    Thus you would have -24Vdc / + 24Vdc. 3 wires from the PSU combo into the 3 wire DC voltage input of the driver boards.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!