Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OH OH ...Can I be on the front row???

My day job as a super hero fighting crime and righting injustices keeps me very busy. You would not be impressed by any shows I have ever been involved with...I mostly operated in the US legally where I followed the 3 meter rule (keep the light out of your audience eyeballs...rule). Even tho I have operated in third world countries...I prefer to not intentionally expose my audience to hazardous levels of laser light...when asked to audience scan...I declined.

We have asked you numerous times how you expose eyeballs above class 1 safely you declined to answer except with...
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heart-unicorn-animated-horse.gif 
Views:	6 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	18035

Im standing by to see some dancers with casio projectors mounted on their shoulders! That would be awesome

Dont get so offended....just come clean...it is good for your conscience
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    If I were to try to sync a show to an orchestra I would do it with some preplanning, using a recording of the precise set that will be played.. Then I'd choreograph a show to sync with it. It wouldn't hurt to run through it in advance with the orchestra at a dress rehearsal if possible. I would think that any show that requires perfectly exact synchronization would need to be created and choreographed in advance of the show. That's an interesting topic though, and I agree that there should be more info here about how to do it successfully..
    how about hit "play" when the orchestra starts playing. X100...irrelevant...
    BFD we use to do it with 8 track reel to freakin reels.. "oh, but that is not how we did it" blah, blah, freakin, blah

diversion and bait switching dont change the facts.

hehe nice disclaimer in your signature (not elektrofreaks...but andys)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    how about hit "play" when the orchestra starts playing. X100...irrelevant...
    BFD we use to do it with 8 track reel to freakin reels.. "oh, but that is not how we did it" blah, blah, freakin, blah

diversion and bait switching dont change the facts.

hehe nice disclaimer in your signature (not elektrofreaks...but andys)

Hahahah, not worth writing anything else to a anti-social.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Hahahah, not worth writing anything else to a anti-social.
    andy i have nothing personal against you. Im a truther...thats all. This aint my first rodeo!

"no body is interested in how we sync it to a orchestra" - Bait and Switch - diversion

"not worth writing anything else to a anti-social" = I have no legitimate way to dispute him so i will call him names...

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    "not worth writing anything else to a anti-social" = I have no legitimate way to dispute him so i will call him names...
    Pat,

You have a history of anti social behavior with quite a few members of this and other forums, so you are not worth time spent on the keyboard. Hope you understand why I am not vaguely interested to have childish arguments with you, your word games don't work with me as simply I am not interested in any thing you have to say until it becomes constructive.

FWIW - i'm interested to know how you sync'd to a live orchestra ?

Pat - you can't just push play on a DAT player to a live orchestra as it will no doubt eventually go out of time and look shit.

Andy - was it completely triggered live, in separate sections ? Or midi triggered perhaps ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

I'd probably try and do something like a theatre lighting setup where you have all of your scenes defined, and these are 'bumped' manually on the musical cues.

In LivePro or something this would be easy enough to achieve once you've built each cue if you can simply advance to the next cue on the page with a keypress.

Actually, if you set the page to advance on beat, then manually generate the beat, this would have the desired effect. Probably just one of many ways to do it....

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'd probably try and do something like a theatre lighting setup where you have all of your scenes defined, and these are 'bumped' manually on the musical cues.

In LivePro or something this would be easy enough to achieve once you've built each cue if you can simply advance to the next cue on the page with a keypress.

Actually, if you set the page to advance on beat, then manually generate the beat, this would have the desired effect. Probably just one of many ways to do it....
    You need an operator with a good sense of hearing to do that. Luckily, people who are blind have a heightened aural sense, so I'm sure there were plenty to be found in the vicinity

"Pat - you can't just push play on a DAT player to a live orchestra as it will no doubt eventually go out of time and look shit."

if you want me to pick apart the performance artistically it was out of sync in places. Let him tell you how he syncs it to the orchestra right after he tells you how he makes his lasers eyesafe. It was a 3 minute track of "wigglie stuff" there was no tight choreography as in some guy singing the "abc's and each letter was in perfect timing. IMHO. It was a great show...just a tad dangerous for my liking thats all.

off topic and a diversionary tactic.

Explain audience scanning safely with this.

"The lasers there are 4 x 1w RGB and 2 x 1w green. Yes I know they look more like 10+ watts. I was standing there next to the camera at that event thinking the lasers looked too low power."
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    You need an operator with a good sense of hearing to do that. Luckily, people who are blind have a heightened aural sense, so I'm sure there were plenty to be found in the vicinity
    agree, may be he could hire previous audience members for operators....

(ok now everybody harp on my ass for making a very properly timed JOKE...it is a JOKE...that is all it is...a JOKE...did I mention it was a JOKE...NO, In all reality...that was a JOKE...get it LOL. HUMOR, PUN, Im sure no previous audience members have bee blinded by his shows...it was a joke)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay