Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MIDLEM Signup Thread! - Lake Geneva, WI. Oct 9th & 10th

Default MIDLEM Signup Thread! - Lake Geneva, WI. Oct 9th & 10th

Hey Everyone!

It's on!

MIDLEM will be held on October 9th and 10th in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin at the Lake Geneva YMCA gym.

The address is:
    203 South Wells Street
    Lake Geneva, WI 53147-2096
    (262) 248-6211
    http://www.lakegenevaymca.com/

The gym will be avalible to us on the 9th from 9:00AM-12:00PM and on the 10th from 9:00AM - 5:00PM

I'll need to collect $25 per attendee +1 guest. This will take care of venue and after-hours staff fees and maybe help with lunch. Any leftovers will be donated to Photon Lexicon. Please remit payment to hightechstuff2-AT-yahoo-DOT-com via PayPal.

Gentlemen, Bring your ladies! Lake Geneva holds it's annual Octoberfest event on these dates. there will be Food booths, farmer's market, craft booths, and child activities, strolling musicians, pumpkin give away, street dance, and much more.

The best part is downtown is 2/10ths of a mile away from the YMCA venue. No worrying about parking or closed streets!

Hotels, motels and bed & breakfasts are abundant but it would probably be best to make reservations soon due to the event.

If anyone want to stay somewhere REALLY nice. Check out Grand Geneva... http://www.grandgeneva.com/

The current list of attendees so far is as follows...

CDBEAM
    300EVIL
    ElektroFreak
    -=Jim=- + Wife PAID
    Mixedgas
    polsihedball PAID
    mikkojay PAID
    mgould
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 09-15-2010 at 22:57.

Default Lunch and stuff Needed...

Lunch

I figured one day we'll just have pizza or something but on the other day... In the spirit of SELEM how does pulled pork barbecue sandwiches sound? I have the smoker and am prepared to slave over it for 12 hours to make about 10 or 15 lbs of pork butt. Let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in.

Stuff Needed.....

SOUND SYSTEM - Lasers and discussion are the main attraction but we really need someone who can supply stage type sound.

Fog Machine and/or Hazer - My puny cheapo thing will get us nowhere. If someone can supply a big one or a couple smaller units, that would be great!

Man, both SELEM and MIDLEM are a 16 hour drive for me !
    Maybe next year I need to organize a SOUTH-MIDLEM lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    SOUND SYSTEM - Lasers and discussion are the main attraction but we really need someone who can supply stage type sound.

Fog Machine and/or Hazer - My puny cheapo thing will get us nowhere. If someone can supply a big one or a couple smaller units, that would be great!
    Adam,

I can handle the Sound and Haze. On the PA I have 400 Watts per side (I think that should be enough unless someone else has something).

I have a ZR24/7 Hazer which should be able to haze that room.

Let me know how to get the cash to you would PayPal work?

Jim

Default Paypal Addy?

Cool! Hey Adam- can you either post a spider-proof version of your paypal address, or do a mass PM to the folks on your list?
    Thanks, Mike

Default Great Work 300E...Terrawatt sez you get many Milkbones and Beer

Wow...Great organizational work !!!! I am thankful for your efforts !!! Perfect time of year and I think it will be a great place !!!
    Now...Terrawatt and I gotta get to work on designing a " MIDLEM MUG "...Time to show those Gray Back Rebels up. Any interest ???
    Wait...I think we need submissions of designs !!! Terrawatt has her first choice below...HAHAHA ...CDBEAM !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cat_Butt MIDLEM 001.jpg  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    Man, both SELEM and MIDLEM are a 16 hour drive for me !
    Maybe next year I need to organize a SOUTH-MIDLEM lol.
    Yeah, I know what you mean man. You should put one together! Hell, I'll be there!

What's nice is I don't even have to get in my car! .... ????? !!!

Quote Originally Posted by -=Jim=- View Post
    Adam,

I can handle the Sound and Haze. On the PA I have 400 Watts per side (I think that should be enough unless someone else has something).

I have a ZR24/7 Hazer which should be able to haze that room.

Let me know how to get the cash to you would PayPal work?

Jim
    Great! Perfect! Awesome! Excellent! Thank you Jim! Oh, one more thing, Extension cords and power strips. Everyone bring plenty!

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Cool! Hey Adam- can you either post a spider-proof version of your paypal address, or do a mass PM to the folks on your list?
    Thanks, Mike
    Hey Mike, I revised the first post in this thread to have a paypal address. Thanks!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Wow...Great organizational work !!!! I am thankful for your efforts !!! Perfect time of year and I think it will be a great place !!!
    Now...Terrawatt and I gotta get to work on designing a " MIDLEM MUG "...Time to show those Gray Back Rebels up. Any interest ???
    Wait...I think we need submissions of designs !!! Terrawatt has her first choice below...HAHAHA ...CDBEAM !!
    Thanks CD!
    I have no objection to a mug, If we get enough attendees we should easily be able to afford that. What does everyone else think? Love your artwork BTW! LOL!
    Adam
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 06-25-2010 at 16:59.

BUMP

Anyone else interested?

Cool

I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet. I want to, but I can't commit this far out. I've already stretched my luck with SELEM and the ILDA cruise being so close to each other...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet. I want to, but I can't commit this far out. I've already stretched my luck with SELEM and the ILDA cruise being so close to each other...

Adam
    I had a dream the other night.... "Book them and they will come...."

HA! Yes, I understand I figured I'd just throw you in there. Keep us posted!