Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ML520G72 638nm 500mw Diode Group Buy

So did you finish the testing and get the 3x3 <1mR beam at full power you were trying to get?
    I think that's what people are waiting to hear about, preferably with pictures to drool over

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    So did you finish the testing and get the 3x3 <1mR beam at full power you were trying to get?
    I think that's what people are waiting to hear about, preferably with pictures to drool over

We are now at 4mm x 2mm at ~1.5mrad, I waiting for other optics that will improve it to 3x3 0.8mrad using a 3 lens system. Photos to follow with the final result. They are working lovely.

Aww... can we not have photos now to bide the time and lessen the pain of waiting??
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Aww... can we not have photos now to bide the time and lessen the pain of waiting??
    Not yet, I don't want to get bombarded with requests suddenly until I have these last set of optics and know all the price data.

I am busy like crazy and struggling with time already so certainly don't want bombarding with questions. Will have a solution that works and very well.

Just a thought, who would be interested in 1.5mrad and who 0.8mrad, I guess when I have confirmed the expected results I should give two beam options as the costs will be similar but the optics combination are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Just a thought, who would be interested in 1.5mrad and who 0.8mrad, I guess when I have confirmed the expected results I should give two beam options as the costs will be similar but the optics combination are very different.
    If I was using just 1 or 2 diodes, I'd go for 3x3 with 0.8mRad. But as I want to wangle 4 in to one module. The 4x2mm with 1.5mRad setup would be better.
    Plan to knife edge to a 4x4mm, then PBS...

Just to be awkward, I'd really want 4x2mm with 0.8mRad divergence
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Just to be awkward, I'd really want 4x2mm with 0.8mRad divergence
    Me too, or even 3x1mm @ 1mrad, so you could stack up 3 to a 3x3mm'ish beam

Andy: could you reveal just a little about what kind of optical setup you are using ? - is it a cylindrical lens setup like the one Drlava is offering in another group buy, or what ? would be interesting if you could just collimate each diode, then knife-edge/pbs-combine, and then run the whole shebang through the correction optics, to get a round'ish beam out..

Thanks !

Regards, Simon

EDIT: Thanks for the PM I got with the link to the GB should have looked down further.!!

strike:/ My apologies, I read through this thread but continued to get lost as to who is doing the group buy or if there is one. It seemed to change ownership. Could someone enlighten me to the current proposed price and time frame if any at this point also who is organizing it.

Thanks

John
    Last edited by polishedball; 07-23-2010 at 17:28.
    leading in trailing technology

Hi Guys, please spread the word that the group buy is on the other thread.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11851

Seams people on this thread don't know about it.

I am also not getting messages relating to this thread anymore, seams there is a bug in PL.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by valex View Post
    Not to get this thread off topic, but can you point me to any threads on knife edging or explain it a bit? is it really as simple as I think? Just fine tuning a mirror to barely be on the edge of both beams? I assume that if you're going to have the option of putting it into a PBS into the future, you'd align the axises. So assume the alignment for one diode looks like an '|'. Would you stack two next to each other (like this " || ") or would you make it look like one long axis? (like this " -- ") and then correct in the prism? I'd think that if you were using a prism, you'd do the latter, but....
    The fast axis of the diode is the smallest close to the diode looking like this: | . But the fast axis is also the high divergent one, so after 30 meters it looks like this ----

With a prism pair you can met the small beam (|) wider like this [] so the divergence gets smaller so you end up with a beam after 30 meters like this - instedd of this ----

With knive edging you just stack the 2 beams as close as possible next to each other like this || after 30 meter it will look almost the same as with only one diode like this ----

With one prism pair you should be able get it down to this -

get it?

Please note, this works with Blue diodes, I have not tested this with the red diodes as we are all waiting for the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    (|)
    LOL, nice one buddy!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/