Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ML520G72 638nm 500mw Diode Group Buy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Maybe before recieving my package a test next to a 660 LOC diode both projected on a wall after 20 meters to do some measurements will reveal some more details like beamsize and divergence

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Maybe before recieving my package a test next to a 660 LOC diode both projected on a wall after 20 meters to do some measurements will reveal some more details like beamsize and divergence
    Yes for sure, it could be hugely different at 20 meters.

Package send so fingers crossed that the beam can be shaped by prism pairs. I also included the best collimator on the market and the mount. This way we can get an accurate reading of the best possible beamspecs and beamsize.

i would be very interested in at least one of these, alot of red is hard to come by in small packages!

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    i would be very interested in at least one of these, alot of red is hard to come by in small packages!
    I take it you haven't ever run over a pig then
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I take it you haven't ever run over a pig then
    haha.

thanks for the genuine laugh!

you know when you catch yourself laughing at something completely clean and genuinely funny?

i am wanting to use one of these in my constantly changing "white fusion" portable setup, and red has been the only issue in attaining higher power with decent white balance...

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    haha.

thanks for the genuine laugh!

you know when you catch yourself laughing at something completely clean and genuinely funny?

i am wanting to use one of these in my constantly changing "white fusion" portable setup, and red has been the only issue in attaining higher power with decent white balance...
    One thing I have noticed about 445nm blue is that you don't need quite as much red as you do with 473 blue to get a good white.

My 1.8W of red looked weak before, even with the green turned down, now it is the green that seems to be the weakest colour?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

First test with a crap plastic 0.10 euro cent lens.

http://www.dpss.ro/manuals/ML520G72%20001.jpg

Distance 7 Meters from the diode
    Exit diameter 4mm x 1mm
    Spot size approx 30mm x 10mm ( Its a bit blurd so hard to be sure due to the crap lens )
    photo taken at 100mW
    Beam visible

Connections
    http://www.dpss.ro/manuals/spec_ML520G72.JPG

Note the anode and cathode are not connected to the case just like the blue diodes, no more issues with mounting.
    Last edited by andyf97; 07-05-2010 at 07:54. Reason: update

Hi Andy,

Looks really encouraging. Divergence comparable to the 445s and that wipes the floor with the 500mW C-mount 635 I played with. Should be easy to correct with a prism pair. I wonder if those on Simon's group buy would be suitable - I recall they were broadband coated....

Put me down for a couple of diodes. I need a watt of 638 in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    photo taken at 100mW
    Being a little over cautious with the diode?
    Lasers and beer don't mix. After 2 beers I lose coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by uk-laser View Post

Being a little over cautious with the diode?
    No, my driver is not capable without drastic modifications, while it works I can only just put the diode just over threshold. Enough for simple tests but need something a bit more beefy to really test it out.