Thread: How to see diference of a red and a blue pbs ?

Question How to see diference of a red and a blue pbs ?

I have bought a red and one blue PBS cubes. How do you see difference between them?

shine a red or blue laser into one
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    shine a red or blue laser into one
    I was just a bit late with that one...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hold it up to a white light and see which has a blue or red hue to it.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Rickard
    Im pretty certain I marked them on one of the rough surfaces with a red mark and blue mark - guess which is which
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile

Lol ok i deserved that. Hehe. Thing is I bought these from stanwax and he was kind enough to mark them with a blue and a red pen. But here is the funny pArt. When I shine one of these new 445 diodes in the PBS marked with blue pen it's impossible to have it go straight through. It bounces perfect in 90•angle and only looses 10mW. But to have the other diode to go straight through is not possible unless you accept 90% loss.

Then just to test I tested with the PBS marked with red pen and voilà it works one diode pass right through with only 15-20mW loss And the other in a perfect 90•a gle with about the same loss.

Just wondering if the PBS Are marked wrong? I dont believe they are but this is strange.

Any clues?

Thats why the question, can i see on the glass color wich is wich?

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt2 View Post
    Lol ok i deserved that. Hehe. Thing is I bought these from stanwax and he was kind enough to mark them with a blue and a red pen. But here is the funny pArt. When I shine one of these new 445 diodes in the PBS marked with blue pen it's impossible to have it go straight through. It bounces perfect in 90•angle and only looses 10mW. But to have the other diode to go straight through is not possible unless you accept 90% loss.

Then just to test I tested with the PBS marked with red pen and voilà it works one diode pass right through with only 15-20mW loss And the other in a perfect 90•a gle with about the same loss.

Just wondering if the PBS Are marked wrong? I dont believe they are but this is strange.

Any clues?

Thats why the question, can i see on the glass color wich is wich?
    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...d=68&Itemid=66
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thx. But I tried turning the diodes turning the PBS chNging positions etc etc. Although I will go and do it again just to make sure I didn't get to much beer At midsummer lunch.

If i get same strange result im going to record a video of it

OKi.

Ive turned the PBS alitle so its NOT exactly 90D from one of the diodes and that one lets the beam go through but its still alot of loss.

i will wait untill i get better optics from Aixiz, these acrylic dosnt seem to good.

But still i get more power from the Red PBS.

But i guess its "Knife edge" that seems to be the best option right now.

My camera dosnt really like the 445 so hardly visable but here is a drawing of the setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pbsblue.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	17999
    Last edited by rfourt; 06-25-2010 at 11:52.