Thread: Flexmod2 & 445 diode current

Default Flexmod2 & 445 diode current

Hi All ,

Just got my 2 diodes in the mail today ... Have housed them in an O-Like housing with glass lense and soldered Lasorb directly onto the anode/cathode.

Without having a thermal power meter at a guess if im running these diodes at around 750mA am i likely to be getting around 400-500mW output. Very little heat around the module itself over a 2 hour run allthough the flexmod was getting rather toasty

If I am to run them at say 1.5A i would need to resolder the low to high jumper on the flexmod2 right ? and this would give me 1000mW output ?

Cant wait to incorporate them into the projector im building.

Cheers

Brett

Providing that you have >9v supply you can drive them at 1A without reconfiguring your Flexmod by wiring the diodes in series.

You then keep the over voltage protection facility of the Flexmod.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Thanks for that info Doc

I've just noticed that it my last post it looks as though i want to run the diodes as a dual setup ... errmmm a little too much power for me at moment .. my bad.

Question above about running at 1.5A refers to one diode only or is it likely to go pop.

-Brett

I'm getting about 520mW at 730mA through a 405 coated glass Aixiz lense if thats any help

You will have to reconfigure the driver for 1.5A, I think you will need TEC cooling and have to expect a shorter life.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Thanks for that Norty ... think i might keep it down around 800mA ... I did try what i thought was an aixiz 405 coated lense but got crappy beam quality / divergence ... stuck with the 405 lense that came with the O-Like and got much better results

*yawns*

2am here ... time for bed