Thread: Scrim hanging

Default Scrim hanging

I am looking for ideas for scrim hanging. I need something I can easily hang and take down for small to mid sized shows. For large shows I frame up 2x4's and use a hammer stapler and staple the scrim to it.. But I need something for small shows that i can put up and take down quickly and easily.

At my last event I Hot glued scrim to a hula hoop to get a nice round look.. Just wondering what other people have came up with.. I have been thinking about shaping pvc pipe in to patterns and then attaching scrim to it.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    I am looking for ideas for scrim hanging. I need something I can easily hang and take down for small to mid sized shows. For large shows I frame up 2x4's and use a hammer stapler and staple the scrim to it.. But I need something for small shows that i can put up and take down quickly and easily.

At my last event I Hot glued scrim to a hula hoop to get a nice round look.. Just wondering what other people have came up with.. I have been thinking about shaping pvc pipe in to patterns and then attaching scrim to it.

Thanks in advance
    Buffo and I both have stands similar to this:

http://www.backdropexpress.com/backg...rop-stand.aspx

These are GREAT for hanging up to 10' x 10' lightweight scrims, portable, and easy to setup / tear down!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I have a custom made non intrusive stands that go 5+ meters high. I can reach the top of any banquet hall.
    PS. They were both designed and build by construction engineer so they can take any punishment without falling.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

thanks for the insight, I may try something like that with my speaker stands and a horizontal pole to tie them together. any other suggestions or ideas would be great.
    $100 is very cheap though. may just get the real deal and call it a day.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

Something to bear in mind is that if you intend to use 'em outdoors then they really are a giant sail and even a small breeze will be sufficient to deform the surface from flat and play havoc with intended graphic shows.

Not to mention the possibility of the entire structure blowing over.

I hang mine off of monofilament. If I need to keep it flat, I tie all four corners.