Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dichroic filters/lenses

Default Dichroic filters/lenses

Hey liteglow:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

Thats what I was talking about earlier, They come in RGB(pass@45degrees) and CMY(pass@45degrees)

For example. R(pass@45) would pass red with minimal transmission loss when angled 45degrees off axis from the beam but reflect(not reject/absorb) everything else).

Basically angle a red and blue beam 90 off axis from eachother and you get a purple beam that is about 92% of the original power combined. then to add green to the mix you would need a M(pass@45) to reflect the green and pass red and blue.

It would look something like this:

X B G
    X | |
    X | |
    X | |
    X R ------------------------ \ ---------------------------- \ ----------------- Simulated white
    X RP@45 MP@45

Edit: Ok the text doesnt look right. the B and G along with the | lines should be directly over their respective dichroic lenses....

ah...
    That is sweet
    Thanx for the info !

Anyone know where we can get these at a decent price?

Everyplace I have been either doesnt have them or wants over $100 a piece for them.

I cant help with the filters, but have a look at www.abex.co.uk thats where I have got some real high end laser bargins.

They are always really good for power supplies, and I have just ordered one of thier YAG lasers.

Believe it or not ..I picked up two off eBay about 3 months ago..
    And, They were only like 5 or 10 bucks each..in fact just tried one out here tonite..
    Mixed up red and green...took some adjustment but got a nice yellow beam and dot..
    It took about 10mW of green and 75mW of red to make a beautiful stop light yeller
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Tonite, I just tried a new prism (Trichroic) from a 3ccd broadcast camera...
    It worked better than the dichroics I have...Pretty yellow
    and I can add blue from my argon easily..got white now.
    Now , Got to find a neat cheap way to blank the argon with TTL control
    from the puter.
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Those micro point source prisms are neat Can never get one for less than $500 (the going price for a broken unit)

Blanking argon... eeek man... not easy....

if you dont mind going "lowtek" grab a gs120 galvo and set it up to do galvo rotational blanking through a pinhole filter, youll get pretty good speeds with that with only minor trail-off

After trying to get an argon that works well for so long I think im going to stick with the diode route for a while...

now the hard part, high power red and blue diode based lasers and then a pcaom... yea, pangolin might be nice also

Its no longer a hobby

Yeah..it hasnt been a cheap ride ...thats for sure.. :mrgreen:
    Might just do that with g120..got a few round here.
    At work...We just got a demo from Ikegami and Sony for their High-Def camera's just last week...
    Boy let me tell you..I'd love to rip-out the blue lasers in those..
    They have 24g storage built right into the camera's now...going the "look ma...no tape" route soon...
    Anyhow...I might just havta do the Piezo thing afterall ..or a flag actuator..dont know...gotta be in-sync with the TTL blanking on the other lasers..
    In an earlier life...I use to design fishfinders that used them as the emitter at high power levels. Finding the right puck is the key.
    Might just be better off buying PCAOM...still gotta experiment tho..
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Oh..forgot to mention..I'm running the Alphalite Pro here...I like it.
    User friendly...can run blanking normal or inverted separately...and depth control as well. TTL or analog.
    I have a few of those prisms around..
    I may let one go cheap...or trade.
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Strange hours my friend, strange hours...

Anywho, I am running alphalite here also, I have a few quirks with the package itself, other than that its not a bad system, could use some reworking, as with most programmers its best to not get in their way with innovation... heh.

I am interested to hear your experiences with alphalite and how you "Tweaked" it into working.

Though I am rather jaded now... I saw a pangolin deck in operation...

my thunder was completely silenced... that system is flat out AMAZING. Seriously, any company whos proprietary format immedieatly becomes THE industry standard has to be doing something right... The playback and designer software... it is truely something that is experienced, not just viewed...

And for shits sake... http://games.lasers.org/ ... YOU CAN PLAY OLD SCHOOL VECTOR GAMES..... Tempest on laser... thats just sexy...