Thread: Any Virtual DJ users here?

Default Any Virtual DJ users here?

Hi folks,

If there are any Virtual DJ users here who have time on their hands, we'd like you to play with a plug-in we're developing. This plug-in has nothing to do with the laser biz, but I figured I'd reach out and see who is using Virtual DJ.

If you are a user and you'd like to play with this plugin, please contact me at www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner

If you can, you will find a MUCH larger audience for Serato which has gobbled up the PCDJ market share. Some people prefer Virtual DJ but in my experience for every one of those I find, I find five people on Serato and swearing by it.

Oddly enough, I have no preference. Just my .02.

+1 on Serato

I have been using Serato for 3 years and would love to see the application you are speaking about added to Serato.

If it makes it to Serato I would love to be the 1st to test it.

If you are referring to IMU I have been wanting to purchase for another way to add more interactive content while DJing as well as sell the IMU services to club promoters in the in the Pacific Northwest. The one thing holding me back is having another application running when DJing live
    I would end up using

1 laptop running
    Serato
    Recording USB line in

2nd laptop
    Quickshow
    IMU

Having IMU on the same frame as Serato in tab form would rock and help keep my hands from reaching for the other laptop when I am in the mix.

I like to keep my DJing laptop free from running a lot of applications and having IMU programed in Serato I would be more comfortable using as Serato develops quality updates and I have never ran into an issue with Serato locking up in the middle of my set.
    I am 100% confident in their programing work.

And I use traktor pro if that helps.
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    If there are any Virtual DJ users here...
    Hi Bill, can I confirm you are referring to Atomix Productions' Virtual DJ or the broader subject area of Virtual DJing?

Another system to consider is Native Instruments' Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro which also has a large user community (this is (mostly) my preferred platform).

I used to use a system called Ms Pinky (yes, a strange name) which allowed anyone with a multichannel soundcard to simply purchase the timecode vinyl, rights to the timecode CD images and download the playback software allowing very reasonable virtual vinyl. With Ms Pinky, there's also good integration with Cycling 74's Max/MSP/Jitter products which allows for some pretty amazing hacks. Ableton Live (music production system) has a Max for Live option which allows some of these hacks to be incorporated in with that environment.

Without looking some up, I am aware of a few novel integrations that have involved synchronised sound and lighting in a live performance situation (much of which utilises OSC vs the older MIDI). This blurring of the divide between sound and lighting performance is IMHO where it's at right now

Cheers,
    Tony

I think Traktor Pro is the new 'industry standard' virtual Dj software these days. There are others, as previously mentioned, coming up through the ranks.

Also, Ableton live seems to be the perfect target software/audience. Max4Live (M4L) is amazing and lets you create some amazing stuff.

I use a piece of software called Isadora which I often sync video too via Traktor or Ableton. Isadora can also send out DMX via a lanbox and is very powerful. If you want to know more just let me know.

http://www.troikatronix.com/isadora.html
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

Hey Bill,

Sorry for hijacking your thread yesterday DJ's and Artists are passionate about their work and always trying to stay ontop of the technology that has slammed it's way into the scene. It's become all about chasing the next best thing to stay on top of the game.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by skulpture View Post
    I think Traktor Pro is the new 'industry standard' virtual Dj software these days. There are others, as previously mentioned, coming up through the ranks.

Also, Ableton live seems to be the perfect target software/audience. Max4Live (M4L) is amazing and lets you create some amazing stuff.

I use a piece of software called Isadora which I often sync video too via Traktor or Ableton. Isadora can also send out DMX via a lanbox and is very powerful. If you want to know more just let me know.

http://www.troikatronix.com/isadora.html
    Serato is the standard, as i am actively in that industry and have yet to walk onto a stage with a traktor box, yet i play on "house" serato boxes every weekend. nice cuz mine gets to stay home.

no wouldnt that be neat if there was some sort of way to use the bridge (already created and near flawless ableton/serato integration) with max 4 live.

big ups pangolin!