Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobolazer Rebuild

So I'm really starting to think my original power is going to be too much; when we had the 250mw argon, people would complain when it would occasionally catch them in the face (and it would). I think that 1.5w total is going to *really* annoy them, whether it's scanning or not.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    So I'm really starting to think my original power is going to be too much; when we had the 250mw argon, people would complain when it would occasionally catch them in the face (and it would). I think that 1.5w total is going to *really* annoy them, whether it's scanning or not.
    If it is done correctly it should not hit anyone... anywhere.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

To prevent that, cut an aluminum mask for an aperture cover, physically preventing the beam from going off limits in the event a software or scanner glitch. Definitely definitely do this for any laser.

In countries where audience scanning is easier to get approved, alot of calculations and measurements must be taken to be safe and in those cases a scanfail device (which monitors the galvos for slow moving or static beams in the audience zone and cuts power to the lasers).

In the us though, I believe the aperture mask is standard practice for the most part.

from what i can see you live here in the US
    and here in the US it is illegal to have lasers that are above 4.9mw any lower that 3 meters
    from any platform some one can stand on

Lots of useful information guys, thanks. I'm understanding more and more about what we had and where this needs to go.

!!!!!

yikes dude this thing should never ever ever be aimed at people... like was mentioned 3M above any accessable area... hence why you need the powar!!!

It wasn't actually aimed *at* people... but sometimes they do stupid things...

it does not matter how stupid people are there should be no way any one can gain access to the beams even if they are doing stupid things like dancing on a table
    and its your responsibility as operator(lso) to make sure that it doesn't happen
    and if it does you should immediately shut down the laser by means of the emergency stop button or key switch until it is safe
    Last edited by VJ AIWAZ; 07-07-2010 at 04:48.

It wasn't actually aimed *at* people... but sometimes they do stupid things...
    you need to have masks on the scanners so there is no way they can be aimed at people... IIRC they should already come with some on them... and the turrets should be static (and not aimed at people) so they should be ok

Hey guys-

Ease up a little bit. I talked to Newlin and this sounds worse than it actually was. Trust me, he isnt one of these "prodjallens" or anything. He is not the one who set up the old mobo. And it seems to me that the beams in the crowd he was speaking of were just random reflections (in fact, most likely multi-reflected reflections). Of course, none of that makes it "right" but it just sounds worse than it actually was. *Never-the-less* he *IS* aware of all of the safety factors with the higher powered stuff now and we began to discuss the installation requirements in detail.

The club owners seem to be the ones responsible for the previous installation. But Newlin will be the responsible operator now.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems