Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aixiz New 405-450 Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Now maybe I was shipped some bad ones, I speculate they did to get them out the door, but this is half vs full threaded supposedly the same 405 lens.
    Yeah, I'd say that's a huge difference. I "may" just be a bad batch, I'm running a 3 lens glass coated for red with full threads and it's not that bad.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Default Inquiring minds need to know !!!! Which way to the Holy Grail of optics ????

Well...I have been experimenting with some different aspherical lenses....results;

AixiZ half thread Glass=> POS...threads not long enough to position to LD correctly
    AixiZ 405=> Ok...BUT more divergence/side spill than LarryDFW 445 unit
    LarryDFW 445 unit=> Best so far...very little spill...divergence at approx 2.5 mrad

This STILL does not address to problem of fast axis divergence !!! I have been experimenting with one set of small Anamorphic Prisms I had from experiments years ago( SF11 glass and uncoated) !!!. It appears that the divergence can be lowered to about 1 mrad with the set I have.....but we still have the issue of transmission loss ...My set is at 20%... That sucks !!! I beleive with BK7 glass and the proper coating...transmission loss can be lowered to 3~5%

I am anxious to see what solution is provided by Dr. Lava....in the mean time...I will continue to experiment !!

At this point....is the general consensus that knife edge combining two beams may provide a good option for Projector Graphics ???? My opinion is rectangular is fine...if round cannot be done !!! I have not been able to produce a rectangle...well not at a distance of over of 30'...which is the max. distance I will do a graphic show....still somewhat of a line !!! Perhaps Cylindrical lenses will provide the solution !!!

Later,
    CDBEAM and Terrawatt
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Perhaps these lenses are inconsisent in general.. I've been using a half-threaded 405nm glass from Aixiz and I've consistently achieved 1.6mrad on the fast axis by ~0.2mrad on the slow axis. If you're getting 2.5mrad from a LarryDFW lens you should be able to do better than that.. I've got more 405nm glass lenses coming from both Aixiz and o-like, so we'll see if they're consistent with what I've been seeing so far.

Mccarrot has lenses with a FL of 4.6 with a NA of 0.55. He has some good results with them with low losses.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ght=prism+pair

Its seems the longer the FL the better the results of course with a high NA of 0.55 and higher.

Not cheap but quality

http://store.laserextreme.nl/catalog...products_id/79

AixiZ half thread Glass=> POS...threads not long enough to position to LD correctly
    I'm using the half thread 405 glass lenses and whilst I agree that its a pain that at the correct focus the o-ring doesn't sit inside the module - it's nothing a few turns of PTFE tape on the threads can't fix. Just need to get enough on to stop the lense rocking in the housing.

I'll be interested to see how the new ones fare against the old coated ones. If the only difference is a bit more efficiency then I'll stick with my current ones as I've got more than enough power out the front anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    but we still have the issue of transmission loss ...My set is at 20%... That sucks !!!
    How do you measure/calculate the losses ?
    When the sensor is too close to the LD, you can pickup some IR of the can if not superduper cooled.

Default The Devil is in the Details

EF: Yes...I will redo my divergence measurements on the LarryDFW lens. Measuring diverge can be a PITA...it is likely I did not get it correctly measured...In your calculations...what beam diameter do you start with ??

Edison: I am getting about the same mrad with prisms as mccarrot...but this still delivers a line geometry at some distance. Hey...If I wanted a perfect circle....I would go gas !!!! Naaaagh !

Norty: I ordered the full threaded AixiZ glass...but they shipped the half threaded !!TOO much " fiddling" with this bit for my high standards...haha...but still ...a set up using a wad of tape ???

Bart: I use the LaserbeeII...with a thermopile sensor that is 8mm x 8mm. I keep the LD head about 12cm back from the sensor. I have been told this should eliminate the IR from the measurement.

ANYONE....have any pics of the Laserman532 Knife edge 2 LD@445 set up output at 20~30' distance ???????

Thanx,CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post

ANYONE....have any pics of the Laserman532 Knife edge 2 LD@445 set up output at 20~30' distance ???????

Thanx,CDBEAM

will this weekend, biggest problem is no two of my Aixiz lens give the exact same beam profile. Hoping the new ones arrive soon.
    leading in trailing technology

Default Delays...Delays !!

PB,

Well yes...when going with " twin sisters " a mismatch in geometry would be very annoying indeed !!! Well...we shall see ??? Perhaps there is consistency with the Larry lenses....or with the Laserextreme units.....both cost more.....BUT...might be worth it !!!! ??? But to have to go thru many AixiZ lenses to find two with like geometry.....NO !!!...Much better to pay more to get consistent quality....yes...I know...ALL speculation at this point....Blame my extra typing on Terrawatt my dog.....She gets blamed for ALOT of things...hahaha ... Bob

but still ...a set up using a wad of tape ???
    Well, it is kinda the right tool for the job. Its also invisible if you are neat and careful in your approach, not just applying a 'wad'