Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aixiz New 405-450 Lenses

tocket;

Nice work on the divergence measurements.

I do think the raw diode has more power than you measured.

The ~40° wide fast axis is difficult to capture on most power meters.

I have seen about 13 to 14% increase with my Hi-Power lens over the 405/445 Aixiz lens.

And, of course, there is still a few % of loss with the AR aspheric.

LarryDFW

Yes, but the Rochester lens has a larger divergence right?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryDFW View Post
    tocket;

Nice work on the divergence measurements.

I do think the raw diode has more power than you measured.

The ~40° wide fast axis is difficult to capture on most power meters.

I have seen about 13 to 14% increase with my Hi-Power lens over the 405/445 Aixiz lens.

And, of course, there is still a few % of loss with the AR aspheric.

LarryDFW
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    So which is the full thread and which is the half? I think I have a couple of the original half threads coated for 405 kicking around somewhere.

Cheers
    Rich
    Half thread on the left. They are sending 2 additional lens to me to check. Should have them on tuesday.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Got my new aixiz lenses yesterday and played around some with them today. I first attempted to measure the loss through the lens. The setup used is seen here (power meter not shown):

At 1 A I get 0.8 W from the uncollimated diode. With the new aixiz lens the output dropped to 0.7 W. Measuring the raw diode power is tricky because of the very divergent beam though. I used an Ophir 3A-P-FS sensor that I think caught most of the light. However, since I can't be sure about the raw diode power I will simply state the loss in the lens as >13%.

The beam is 2 x 5 mm at the aperture and diverges to 36 x 5 mm at 19 m giving a slow axis divergence of 1.8 mrad and a fast axis divergence of < 0.05 mrad.
    Your diode must have dropped in power due to the heat. with proper tec cooling this diode will put out almost 1W @ 1A

My rough estimation of the FL of this lens would be arround 8

with correction optics your beam will be 5x5mm with this lens, 500mw-2W green lasers normally have beam size of 2-3mm, so you will end up with a white beam in the middle with blue arround it.

with Kvant or my lenses (FL4,6) you will end up with a 3-4mm beam diameter and much much less loss. this divergence will be higher but most of us use chinese lasers with a divergence higher than 1mRad so why bother to get this blue lower than 1mRad.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    but most of us use chinese lasers with a divergence higher than 1mRad so why bother to get this blue lower than 1mRad.
    Exactly.

Chinese 2w greens are typically 2mrad, and higher divergence with higher powers..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Your diode must have dropped in power due to the heat. with proper tec cooling this diode will put out almost 1W @ 1A

My rough estimation of the FL of this lens would be arround 8

with correction optics your beam will be 5x5mm with this lens, 500mw-2W green lasers normally have beam size of 2-3mm, so you will end up with a white beam in the middle with blue arround it.

with Kvant or my lenses (FL4,6) you will end up with a 3-4mm beam diameter and much much less loss. this divergence will be higher but most of us use chinese lasers with a divergence higher than 1mRad so why bother to get this blue lower than 1mRad.
    Last night this is pretty much what I saw.
    A red AR coated, fully threaded Aixiz lens and a set of prisms gave an output aperture of 5x5mm, and at 10m around 14x14mm (see pic). Divergence around 1mrad.
    The prisms are these: http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/pm1081.html
    Losses due to these prisms are around 10%, no clue what gets lost in the Aixiz lens.
    At 1A the output after optics is 900 mW measured with die4thing.

If there is a 9mm 0.5 threaded lens out there with FL4.6 I'll like to give that a try with this setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010698sm.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	18286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010699sm.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	18287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010703cr.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	18288

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post

If there is a 9mm 0.5 threaded lens out there with FL4.6 I'll like to give that a try with this setup.
    ahum:http://store.laserextreme.nl/catalog...products_id/79

But I have already done the test with this lens and you can fond them on this forum

ahum:http://store.laserextreme.nl/catalog...products_id/79

But I have already done the test with this lens and you can fond them on this forum
    Ah, for some reason I was under the impression that the thread on your lenses was incompatible with the aixiz lenzes...

Zoof;

It looks like a pretty symmetric beam pattern.

The Aixiz diode module requires a threaded 9mm x 0.5mm lens housing.

The one referenced above is 11mm unthreaded.

There are several lenses with different FL available.

The one I use has a back FL of 2.39mm, NA of 0.6, and is AR coated 400-600nm.

LarryDFW
    Last edited by LarryDFW; 07-18-2010 at 13:39.

No, my lens is a 9mm x 0,5 lens inside a 11mm brass collimator housing where you can put the diode in the back.

with this complete collimator assembly way you only need to drill a 11 hole in a mount to make it fit, and is easy to polarize because you rotate the complete collimator + diode.

With a separate lens you must make a threaded mount, own made tread is most of the time not 100% perfect so your lens can wobble in the mount.

With my lens the 9mm tread is a perfect fit with the 9mm tread in the 11mm collimator housing so no wobbling lens.

maybe his picture makes it more clear: