Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aixiz New 405-450 Lenses

Default Aixiz New 405-450 Lenses

Hello ppl.

I ordered a couple of 405 Glass lenses from Aixiz some time agoo and it hadnt arrived yet so i asked what was going on and i got his answer.

"We have redone the lenses for 400-450nm (about a %15 efficiency increase over the 405). I expect to have 1500 ready today with shipment on Monday or Tuesday"

so it sounds like Aixiz has some new lenses made for the 445 coming out any day now. Could be interesting for some experianced tester.

Good news, I am waiting for mine for a while now.

Thanks for the info!

yea, They appoligized it has taken so long, but they said they posted info about the delay in a forum. i havent seen anything but im guessing they posted it in LPF and im never there.

But good news yes.

I got the same message verbatim. Chuck must have had to send so many inquiry responses that he ended up cutting and pasting the message. And here I thought I was special... I just want to compare to the o-like glass lens.
    -Mike

If you can, try to find out if these new lenses for 445 are single element, or 3 element lenses. The aiXis 405 lens got so much attention because they supposedly gave the best dot/beam quality since they were multi-element. The 405-G1 setups left huge splashes and dashes.

Does this mean all 405 lenses now have this new AR coating, or is
    this a new separate item?

Unhappy AR coating

The old version 405 glass also had AR coating- the new one aixiz says is tuned better for 445nm.
    They also told me that(perhaps mistakenly) a 15-20% increase over the 405-maybe he meant over the acrylic.

BTW- my friend Mark smoked his stock aixiz acrylic at 40 seconds at IIRC about 800mAs.
    Chuck at aixiz says possible residue damage to the diode COULD result. Also from what I hear the full threaded version is the one to use.

hak

So far in my testing the half threads beat out the full. I am awaiting these "NEW" ones as well.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    So far in my testing the half threads beat out the full. I am awaiting these "NEW" ones as well.
    So the optics are different???? OR???

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    So the optics are different???? OR???
    Now maybe I was shipped some bad ones, I speculate they did to get them out the door, but this is half vs full threaded supposedly the same 405 lens.

leading in trailing technology