Thread: I'm starting a 4 watt rgb build.

Default I'm starting a 4 watt rgb build.

Hiya everyone.

I'm looking for a little bit of advice about colour balance and what everyone on here thinks.
    Iv got a 1 watt 532nm cni diode and iv got a 1 watt 635nm laserwave diode. Iv also got 2 watts of 445nm raw diodes that I'm thinking of making of making a duel 2 watt diode.

The problem is the red will be dramatically under powered and the colour balance will be way off I'm thinking but as iv never done any colour balancing of a laser before I don't really know what's best. Iv been told a rough guess is a 1 watt green would require 2 watts of blue and 4 watts of red to get a good balance is this correct?

I had an old big dipper f2000 which iv never been happy with so iv ripped all the components out of it and I'm using the case for that. Got some pictures so will post as soon as I work out how to het them off my iPhone.

Cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

my view is with 635 its 3:1 with green but with 660 its more 4:1 with green.

but also take into account beam size, big beams are a thing of the past. get rid of that 635 and get a nice tight red, remember a tight lowered powered beam looks just as brightl as a more powerful fat beam.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up

My projector has 300mW of 640nm to go with 300mW of 532 and the balance is great... dave is running a 3W RGB @ 1:1:1 with 635 and it looks awesome from the pictures and video I have seen. Only thing I saw is good luck with the beam diameters...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default Re

Gonna stick with the 635nm cause iv got no money to buy any more. reckon I'm just gonna stick 1 watt of blue with it and make a 3 watt rgb and see how it goes cause I ain't a clue how to build one of these modules with the raw diodes of the 445nm nether mind combining them.

Should be a good laser projector once it's done though cause the big dipper case looks pretty good.

So you think 1.1.1 will look pretty good then?
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

actually our RGB is 4W, its got 2W of RGB however the white is VERY "red".

We pull the mod on one of the reds to reduce it to 1W of red, and it looks "white".

so even amounts of 635/532/445 seem to work.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Equal amounts of 532, 445 and 640 also work great, perhaps slightly higher on the 445 to get the raw blue beams a bit more visible, anything up to 1.5 times the 532 but it does start to get a bit too 'icy blue' on the white then

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    I ain't a clue how to build one of these modules with the raw diodes of the 445nm nether mind combining them.
    Dr. Lava should have a nice kit for a dual setup with the 445 diodes out soon