Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Blue monster project

I think it is great to see this done....any chance of getting a few hints on modifying the driver? It seems to be a robustly built unit. Great job....now what would happen if say you took 2 reverse telescopes and .....just small enough to hit the scanner mirror's sweet spot.....?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I think it is great to see this done....any chance of getting a few hints on modifying the driver? It seems to be a robustly built unit. Great job....now what would happen if say you took 2 reverse telescopes and .....just small enough to hit the scanner mirror's sweet spot.....?
    Mike, 20 others have asked about the driver Mod and I think for the diode protection the way we did it might not be the best so better not use the original driver., its not easy to do at all and much easier to make a new driver.

Quote Originally Posted by king4quarter View Post
    Arggg.....gppew...
    Why you so defensive tonight?

"Jesus"
    It is a bit frustrating to have off-topic items added to this thread - which is about large 445nm lasers based around the entire Casio 24x array.

There is an entire forum here devoted to light sources other than lasers. Please help keep each thread on-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by king4quarter View Post
    Just a thought for this thread,would you be able to use Mirrors like these http://www.eoc-inc.com/co2_laser_optics_mirrors.htm
    to have a configuration like this Attachment 18331
    I asked a similar question once upon a time and this is the response i got from Steve:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixedgas
    There is a easier way and you dont have to hack a telescope. Run your diodes into 62/125 communications fiber, then run all the fibers to one collimator. Butt the fibers up against each other at the collimator.

There is this nasty thing in optics call Etendue, and the telescope wont beat in. It limits you energy density. It has to do with each beam coming into teh collimator off axis.
    Having said that, i was asking about a different diode with different beam specs, so, 62/125 fiber might not work with these.