Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for RGV Tester with FB3

Default Looking for RGV Tester with FB3

Hi folks,

I don't quite know where to post this, so I am putting it here.

As part of QuickShow version 2.0 (which will be released within two weeks, come hell or high water) we're including a color system mode that will work with RGV lasers. These are lasers with red, green and violet (i.e. 405nm from Bluray players) lasers, but no real blue. In order to get the colors to look as good as possible, we actually need to do a special color conversion.

I'd like to find a few folks to help me "tune" this algorithm for best result. Ideally, I'd like to find someone around Orlando, or within driving distance, so we can do some experiments and see the results with our own eyes.

At Pangolin, I do have an RGV Projector (it's the one that you see in Chinese Department Store for only a few hundred dollars that we got directly from the manufacturer), but this projector only has TTL colors. I'd like to find someone who has analog color response.

Please let me know if you have an RGV laser (hehe and a FB3) and would like to help fine-tune this before we release. And especially let me know if you are around the Orlando area and we can work on this directly.

Please contact me only by email using the contact form on the Pangolin web site at www.pangolin.com/contact. I don't often check the built in private mail system on this forum, so direct email is best.

Best regards,

William Benner

PS: For those who have RGBV, that will be coming in 3.0 ;-) Simply no time to do everything we would like to before shipping 2.0. But 2.0 is really shaping up to be totally killer.

Default blu-ray

some how i think blu-ray will be history very quickly with cheap 445 about
    so i wonder why your doing this, though 8 month ago i would have loved the idea
    i take it this idea is to mix a little of the higher wavlenghts in to make the blu-ray look a little more blue ?

i have an fb3 and an rgv projector but sadly im in the uk
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

i have an fb3 and an rgv projector but sadly im in the uk
    He only said ideally in/around Orlando. I'm sure Bill could work ok with you over t'interweb

Hi Andy,

Send me an email anyway. I've already gotten an email from someone named Hayden in UK. I think involving the most people possible will lead to the best results. It's only that for my initial testing, I'd like to see it with my own eyes, rather than work over the telephone or by email. As I said many times, words are not adequet to describe visual phenomenon...

Regarding 405 being a thing of the past now that the cheap blue sources are here -- Norty -- I am honestly not sure that the cheap blue sources are here, at least not for long. Sure, the cheap blue sources are here for some people, and for some length of time. But for me, the question is -- for what people and for what length of time?

Of course we've heard that people are harvesting 445nM blue diodes from Casio projectors. But, unless you're on the inside track, you might not have heard that Casio has pulled these from the shelves, and their lawyers are prepared to send out a letter, warning people not to remove them under the threat of legal action. Sure, for hobbyists, I doubt Casio will be knocking on your door, but for anyone actively selling these diodes, or products (for example laser pointers) in large volume, I think there could be trouble here...

Also, what I have heard is that Casio is happy with the results of the projector -- I mean happy with the blue source, and happy that the process of blue creating a green source works, but for the future they will come out with a projector that has a different kind of blue laser -- a kind of "diode bar" that will not be useful for lightshow applications.

So, unless there is another source of cheap blue lasers, I am not convinced that 445 is here to stay... at least not at the $34 a piece price they were at if you buy a Casio projector and remove them...

Best regards,

William Benner

-- Norty --
    not sure why I'm in there (not that I don't love the recognition from you Bill.. ) but I think you may have been referring to Mr Badgers post.

Hi Norty,

Yes, you are correct!! I guess I had Norty on the mind since our recent email exchanges...

Bill

Indelibly scarred it seems...

Bill, I know you are looking for a local user, but if you need a beta tester who has a FB3 and a RGBv projector, then let me know. :}

(I know I'm in Australia, but I'm only 140ms away from the US, via the net. )

Hi Sky,

For sure, as I indicated above, the more the merrier and the sooner the better. Please contact me by private email (email, not PL private message system otherwise I might miss it) and I'll get the new software into your hands and you can let me know how it works for you.

Bill