Thread: Software pre-packaged shows

Default Software pre-packaged shows

Wondering what the opinions are on what software packs the best shows? I have pangolin currently, but would like to add to my available shows to enjoy. I am awful at trying to make them so am now resorting to buying other software packages, hopefully to be able to dump the shows to a standard ild that can be imported into my pangolin as a single point source. So whats all available looking at mamba black as there seems to be shows for it around, but what else. More interested in graphics as thats what the kids really like. Thanks for you input also whats mamba sell for? didn't see a price on there site.

John
    leading in trailing technology

Mamba, Laserworld Showeditor and Phoenix Pro all have libraries of pre-recorded shows - best value is Laserworld Showeditor, as their list of shows is growing all the time, due to considerable fanbase support in Germany. Keep an eye on Ebay, as the Showeditor software plus DAC is often available at a discount, e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Phoenix shows look good, but the package is expensive (note - this is not Phoenix Live, which can't record shows). However, each of these packages uses its own proprietory method to store their shows, not so easy to export as ilda files, and in any case the ilda file wouldn't be music-synced.

There are a bunch of shows on the PL FTP site for various packages.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Wondering what the opinions are on what software packs the best shows? I have pangolin currently, but would like to add to my available shows to enjoy. I am awful at trying to make them so am now resorting to buying other software packages, hopefully to be able to dump the shows to a standard ild that can be imported into my pangolin as a single point source. So whats all available looking at mamba black as there seems to be shows for it around, but what else. More interested in graphics as thats what the kids really like. Thanks for you input also whats mamba sell for? didn't see a price on there site.

John
    Which Pangolin - FB3, or LD2000?
    That could make a pretty big difference...

Lots of shows for the LD2000 are on the disk set, plus there are some well-known companies that make shows for sale in that format.
    And as Gary mentioned, the collection on the FTP site is getting better all the time!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....