Thread: Green Laser Diodes!!!

quick send Casio an email lol

RGB laser DLP soon?

how many watts of each color...

oh my... could you imagine? I think I just wet myself

commonly known as “the piezoelectric field.” Piezoelectric polarization caused by a large distortion in the crystal structure is the origin of this field. The piezoelectric field, while it has less effect on blue lasers, has a serious influence upon green lasers.
    -----------------------------

Did you understand that ? :P

I saw the Kaai diode on display at UCSB, its all a matter of mass producing them now (which for those not familiar with semiconductors is probably a good 4/5 of the battle). Hopefully something like the DLP projector market will help accelerate the production of green diodes, since if we leave it to the grad students we are going to be stuck in the rut that 450nm diodes were in for the last 10 years.

As to the comment in the piezoelectric field, all you really need to know is that the materials needed for green wavelengths are all but impossible to work with (imagine if someone asked you to lay down a layer of magnets so that they are perfectly interlocked in an organized manner, by dropping them from a jet at 30,000ft... Now we tell you that you have to lay down another layer using magnets that are 7 times the size of the first ones, and they still need to be well organized compared to the first layer. That is kind of what growing in GaN is like), and that the challenge in getting a green diode working is in getting the materials figured out.

just use your reality distortion field