Thread: Happy Independance Day!!!

Default Happy Independance Day!!!

Don't blow your hands off!!!

BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Don't blow your hands off!!!

BOOM!

Got the kinks worked out of the laser ignition system yet? !
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Have fun and play safe folks

A friend of mine in his mid fifties had a bottle rocket full over on launch two weeks ago, it hit him, stuck and exploded in his armpit, setting fire to his tee shirt.

The scabs he has now are not pretty.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Lightbulb Laser FireWorks

Last edited by allthatwhichis; 07-04-2010 at 18:56.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

leading in trailing technology

This is boat #1 of 2 we fused up for our display. Went pretty damn good. we did the same last year. this years was longer tohugh. many more mortars and multi-fire cakes. Kids loved it. so did the "big kids!"

-Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frwx1.jpg  

http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Got the kinks worked out of the laser ignition system yet? !
    ...you rang, Sire? http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...861#post153861 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icon10.gif 
Views:	41 
Size:	648 Bytes 
ID:	18156
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cool

I'll just leave this here...

With no kids in the house, we didn't do any fireworks this year. Damn shame too, because I've got at least a few hundred bucks worth sitting on a shelf in the garage. Sigh...

Adam

WOW ADAM!

lol- those looked kinda umm....fun.

Do you have a variance for those? i can imagine they are WELL over the MPE (Maximum Permissible Explosives) level.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Cool

Marc;

They're completely illegal. There's a fireworks shop in SC on I-77 right at the exit for the Carowinds theme park. It's a brown building, and it's called something like "Ed's fireworks barn" or something stupid. But that brown building has some of the best deals on fireworks I've ever seen. And every so often, they get things that are completely, totally illegal.

They don't hide them, but they don't really promote them either. They just put them on the shelf with all the other stuff. But if they know you, or if you chat them up a bit and they like you, then they will direct you towards the things that are a little "hotter" than they should be. When they do that, buy as many as you can afford! (If you are in doubt, buy one box and take it outside. Light one shell in the parking lot and see what happens. If you're impressed, go back inside and buy more.)

At least twice that I'm aware of, they've been approached by ATF agents after complaints about "hot" fireworks were filed. In both cases, they immediately pulled the offending products from the shelves. They simply claim that "they must have gotten a bad batch" from their supplier. And apparently this isn't unheard of, so they haven't gotten into any real trouble. But make no mistake: They've got some stuff that is truly frightening. If you ask nicely, they'll probably hook you up.

Even if they don't lead you to something really powerful, they won't ever steer you wrong. Even the legal stuff they have is great, and if you spend at least a couple hundred, they'll throw in tons of free stuff. But if they are nervous, they might not suggest that you buy "this particular box"...

You can bargain with them too, especially on big-ticket items. I once bought a box of 96 premium mortar shells from them for $275. The box was all double-breaks, triples, quads, and even some huge 6-break shells. Retail was $700, but it was late in the season and it hadn't sold yet. I still have some of those shells in my garage!

Speaking of which, those Powerballs were pretty bad when I first bought some nearly 5 years ago. That bread-loaf pan you see in the video was folded in half by the blast (not to mention being launched 200+ ft into the air). The aluminum 2 QT saucepan was even worse. The bottom was bowed like a soup bowl after just one blast.

As bad as they are though, they're old hat by today's standards. Like I said, I bought those Powerballs about 5 years ago. But 3 years ago I went back to that store, and I picked up some "Salute to America" shells after being deftly lead to them by Ed himself. (The old guy in the leather vest that always sits by the door.) These things were $36 for a box of just 6 shells! (Powerballs cost $24 for 12 shells) And all they do is go up and go boom. Kinda pricey for 6 shells, don't you think? (That's one of the tip-offs.)

Jesus-H-fucking-Christ are they powerful! Easily twice the load of the Powerballs shells. I haven't tried the flying saucepan trick with these new ones, because I'm afraid of shrapnel. I've only set off about a dozen of them (I still have 3 or 4 boxes left), and each time people come running out of their houses wondering what in the hell just blew up. I'm actually a little afraid of them.

The place is about an hour's drive from the SELEM venue, if you're interested. Here's a link to the place on google-maps. All you can see is the roof, so you can't tell that it's a brown building, but this is the place... If you want to buy some cool fireworks, this is where you want to go.

Adam