Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone noob - "must have" app recommendations?

Thanks all for the hints / warnings!!

I haven't even downloaded anything yet, but I can tell it will easily become a problem

Well, since I'm in Knoxville without the laser gear, and we decided not to spend the $$ on the annual back-yard bash, I guess I'll sync up with iTunes and see what happens.

Ya'll send out a search party if you haven't heard back from me in 48 hours....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

My favorite iPhone apps:

Pandora
    Fandango (movie times)
    Yelp
    NY Times
    Facebook
    Google Reader (they have a great iPhone version of the web site)
    Plants vs. Zombies - best iphone game

Hi Randy,
    Chad was right about the remote app. It's developed by Apple and free. Uses your wireless to control youe entire iTunes library from anywhere in the house (or as far as your wireless signal will go).

some on mine:
    Skies of Glory - (cool flying shoot em up)
    SAS survival handbook
    Planets - (really cool free program that lets you navigate around the night sky)
    Wyse RDP - (remote desktop app)
    Touch DJ - (excellent DJ app)
    Reel Moments - Time lapse app that takes pics every 3 secs or above and then stitches them together to make a movie.

Cheers
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I don't have one and wouldn't know where to start but how about that app that allows you to run LivePRO!
    Yeah that's a great app; all you need is a VNC server on your PC/Mac and the free VNC client on your iPhone. Great for remote controlling many apps

Hi Randy

The iPhone is a great piece of kit, although Andy_Con wouldn't agree

Some of my favourite apps...

VNC for Live Pro control. Not much use in a commercial situation, but it's sure cool to walk out into the middle of a dancefloor and control the cues.

AroundMe... Uses the built in GPS to tell you information about what's around you.

LogMeIn... Remote control of PC's wherever you are.

Star Walk... Uses the built in GPS to find your location and show you the stars around you. Hold the iPhone up to the sky and you'll see stars on the iPhone screen that match what you're looking at in the sky, it also moves around with you as you move to different areas of the sky - really cool.

IMDb... Movie database - All you ever wanted to know about movies.

TouchBB... A great forum browser (This forum has TouchBB support)

Theodolite... It's just cool.

NASA... All the info you ever wanted on what's happening at NASA, shows all the launches and location of ISS.

iSpy... Loads of webcams from all around the world - Fairly pointelss but has some interesting cam's.

Bebot... Really cool Synthesiser.

DigiDrummer... Great electronic drum kit.

DVICE... Great for technology news.

There are loads more, but I guess that should get you started

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thumbs up

If you're an old Commodore (Amiga) fan, know that they've already ported Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies to the Iphone (along with lots of other mobile devices, including the PSP). I think they're working on Pinball Illusions now. (All three are already available for the PC.)

Great way to bring back those Amiga glory days...

Adam

I was hesitant to get the iphone at first, now that I have it, I can't live without it. I've spent too much time playing Labyrinth 2 and Angry Birds! My daughter loves Angry Birds! Smack Talk is also a funny one! I don't recall if Google Earth came with the iphone or if I downloaded the app, but I find that it runs faster on my iphone than on my PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

TouchBB... A great forum browser (This forum has TouchBB support)
    Hey Jem, how do you set up the TouchBB thing? I installed it a few weeks ago and tried to put in the PL web address and it didn't work. Thanks for the list of other apps, I'll check them out! I just started using the NASA one, which works great for predicting ISS passes.

Hi DZ

Hehe, you're right. I forgot about Smack Talk.

Once that mocking little hamster gets you giggling its all over.

If you want to cheer someone up show them Smack Talk.

Kit

Lightbulb

I only have an iPod touch... but I would suggest WiFiFoFum... just in case you fall out of AT&T 3G coverage; it scans for local WiFi spots and tells you if they are password protected or not.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I'd recommend Penguin Panic, it's a tilt-motion iPhone game.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pengu...363780893?mt=8

Try it out