Thread: 100mw of 532 LaserWave or CNI?

Default 100mw of 532 LaserWave or CNI?

Today was the first time I've seen "World in Motion" in probably 10 years.. Brought back the old memories when this was hard and very expensive.

Now with this monster Blue, I need Green starting with 100mw and I saw a LaserWave 100mw today that the stability of the power was absolutely horrible, it was jumping all around. Is this a broken TEC or is LaserWave prone to these problems?

What about the CNI analog modulated for $100 more at lasershowpart.com is that a 10% model? is it worth the extra dollars?
    Rob Mudryk
    Retired old and Grumpy Laserist

IIRC the smaller laser-waves are single TEC. The low power CNI's are dual TEC, so they will be more stable.. Those prices are for the 10% stability model, and usually the stability is quite a bit better than 10%
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I was a bit confused on that, and thought the LW series was CNI because the description says "The laser head features twin peltier elements for ultimate stability.", and the CNI one does not say anything about it.
    Rob Mudryk

Hi Rob-

The Laserwaves are usually pretty darn stable after warm up. I am guessing there is an issue with this particular laser.

Is it still under warranty? I would be happy to take a look at it if you want. See if we can take care of the problem.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Not my laser. I was under the impression that it always had been like this. But I will be refering him to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Hi Rob-

The Laserwaves are usually pretty darn stable after warm up. I am guessing there is an issue with this particular laser.

Is it still under warranty? I would be happy to take a look at it if you want. See if we can take care of the problem.

-Marc
    Rob Mudryk