Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsafe Driving! *WARNING!!*

Default Unsafe Driving! *WARNING!!*

Hey guys and Gals-

I saw this on a friends Facebook page, and i'm not gonna lie, got pretty teary eyed watching it.

If you are in a good mood, dont watch this. If you dont like graphic images, dont watch this.

But it definitely makes one think...

Unsafe Driving

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Wow
    some characters
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default video

you certainly feel different after watching that.
    i think all driving schools should play that video after you pass your test
    just to show you what happens if you get careless or stupid

Yeah-

this really was disturbing. i gotta admit, it definitely will make me reconsider some of my driving habits.

I like the idea of showing this in driving schools. it definitely should be seen.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

you have ruin my day...

and why to schools ? Does we drive better ? not sure... (we=those who have finished school)

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

A nice compilation.
    Probably best shown at Speed Awareness courses and the like but too "sensitive" to be shown on UK TV.
    Although the sequence with the girl against the wall was part of a national TV campaign that was shown in Ireland a few years back.

F#ck me. That is some scary shit and I agree that this video should be shown to all new drivers before being set free on the roads.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

well most of the time they were driving on the wrong side of the road duh! silly english people...

anyway they couldent show that video to people here, or there probably, it would make people sad, and heaven forbid we do that...

also some of the obviously fake ones were a bit over the top, and seemed almost comical... which defied the point obviously...

basically the videos teach us... 1) trees are evil 2) pedestrians should look where they are going and not j-walk

I live in miami and nutjob driving is par for the course, drive safely/slowly you WILL get killed, no kidding... I do like 80mph down I-95 every day and get constantly passed like I am not even moving

recently I witnessed a bicyclist get hit... dumbass was on the sidewalk and went right through an intersection, car was making a right turn and hit him... guess whos fault it was? thats right, the bicycle, becuase they seem to not realize that the whole "share the road" thing they faught so hard for means they are vehicles and must obey traffic laws...

but they are all fucking retarded down here... ive probably come near hitting 5 of them in the last few months since they seem to think stop signs dont apply to them (hint: they do)... one of them ate it pretty hard...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    and why to schools ? Does we drive better ? not sure... (we=those who have finished school)
    I think Badger's suggestion was to show it to new drivers (who usually have to take some form of driver's education class before they can get their license) so that before they start driving on their own they gain at least some understanding of just how deadly a car can be when driven carelessly.

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I had a incident the other day. A ladies SUV (suicidal unsafe vehicle) is stalled in a four lane road at a light. Everyone is driving past her when the light changes, preventing her from exiting the vehicle. She's setting there on a cell, trying for a restart to the point her blinkers are dim. I'm blocked behind her, by the 55 traffic in a 35 zone. I finally drive past, and my nose triggers. Gas is just streaming out of her gas tank onto the pavement. Of course she's headed down hill, on a hot day, in fairly dense traffic. Probably 10 cars passed her in 30 seconds, while I was there.

I past her and doubled round, as I didn't want to be a ignition source. A few minutes of screaming and pointing, and I had her and her dog safely on the curb. Nobody else cared. It was sad. If I was setting there streaming the 57 sticks of dynamite per gallon, I'd like some body to bother to tell me!

Granted, for the most part, cars do not explode, but flash burns are not fun.

We are our brother's keeper, no matter what your faith. What irritates me more then the idiots behind the wheel, is the pure apathy of people who observe the idiots and do nothing.

You see far worse then that video on nightly TV in the US. Show the kids, and some adults, the video!

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-07-2010 at 11:21.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...