Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting Advice on 532nm Laser Module Purchase

I just wanted to say how great everyone has been treating me since I have been posting on this forum. You guys are the best.

I appreciate how welcoming everyone is. There are not a lot of forums like that on any topic.

I am going to do everything in my power to get to SELEM.

After that I will be making some purchases.

I really appreciate the time that Marc (Gottaluvlasers) spent with me explaining some things and being honest instead of just trying to make a sale. That is refreshing and I will be sending some of my money his way because of his willingness to help me. He has earned my business.

I know he received an email from someone alerting him to my posting. Thanks!
    Last edited by ireedz; 07-09-2010 at 09:11.

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    I really appreciate the time that Marc (Gottaluvlasers) spent with me explaining some things and being honest instead of just trying to make a sale.
    Hi, looking over the thread ,it appears everyone was being honest, at least to my eyes. I'm curious, what needed to be explained?

I was not trying to insinuate that anyone was not being honest or anything else. I was trying to say that everyone had been great and given me a lot of direction and it all is appreciated.

Sorry if I was not clear.

When starting out with a first build, it seems that everything needs to be explained.

Thumbs up

If you plan to attend SELEM, I suggest you do everything you can to arrive in town before 6 PM on Friday, August 20th. That way you can join us all at the Artist's Cafe in downtown Newton for the pre-SELEM dinner party. Trust me on this one: You don't want to miss this! It's a great way to meet everyone in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

We always hang out after dinner for drinks in the upstairs lounge area, and we're usually there until the bar closes. Then we head back to the Holiday Inn Express conference room for a little more pre-SELEM fun (beer and lasers). Believe me, if you think we're a welcoming group here in the forums, wait 'til you meet us in person. After that first night, you'll feel like you've known these guys for years.

Also, if you are considering building a laser projector that will ultimately be used for commercial purposes, you would be wise to attend Casey Stack's Laser Safety and Compliance presentation on Monday, August 23rd, just after SELEM. This all-day seminar will provide you with the knowledge you'll need to obtain a variance for your projector, among numerous other topics.

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for all the info. I will let you know at least 2 weeks before if I will be able to make it. I'm really hoping that everything works, so I can do this. It sounds to be a lot of fun and it would be nice to meet everyone.

Cheers, Ian